Start menu & task bar appear in FS2004

Trent Scott Guest

When I open a new flight in FS2004, I can still see the blue (Windows XP) start menu and task bar (with the close, minimize and maximize) buttons on the top. Is there any way I can remove this during the game? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Yes you can remove them
Click "views" on the top toolbar and select full screen

Job done 😉

Trent Scott Guest

It is on full screen (that option is greyed out), yet I still have the menus on top and bottom. Any thoughts?

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

Trent Scott wrote:

It is on full screen (that option is greyed out), yet I still have the menus on top and bottom. Any thoughts?

I had that problem when I first installed FS2004. I had a video card that wouldn't support full screen mode and just like you it was grayed out. I suspect that is your problem and if it is only a new video card will fix it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😞 Im affraid WarHawk42is correct
You could try the latest drivers for your card/chip

Thanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...