Changin AirCraft Speed...edit aircraft.cfg?

Pro Member Trainee
FutureWonder Trainee

Hi,

I have played FS9 for some time. I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to tell me how I could change an aircraft's max speed? I realize it could make the aircraft unrealistic as far as speed goes but alas some flights I fly trying to make it as reasl as possible and others I just want to have fun. This would be one of the times I justed wanted to have fun.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I haven't been using the Sim as long as you, the only thing I can think of is to lighten the cargo and fuel load, that should make the craft faster.
Also I would take out all damage and stress damage checkmarks in settings.

Pro Member Trainee
FutureWonder Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

I haven't been using the Sim as long as you, the only thing I can think of is to lighten the cargo and fuel load, that should make the craft faster.
Also I would take out all damage and stress damage checkmarks in settings.

I am more refering to actually tinkering wiht the files such as the .cfg file.

But Thanks!
🙂

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

Why not download the flight simulator editor files from Microsoft.com? I did a while ago and have used them to have all sorts of fun with my aircraft. If the file is read-only, do a save-as and then you can make any change you want. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
ronaldpatton Trainee

Oh yes, it is more than upping the max speed with the fsedit tool. To go faster you need more horse power, with more horse power you need a better prop, with more speed you need to adjust the airframe..... I added a 350 hp turbo charged engine to a Piper Arrow and did it go fast, too fast 😳 and above redline it started to oscillate Fear because the tail was too small. The aircraft modeling that FS9 uses if very good so you need to keep the parameters somewhat "real". Have fun.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...