Is it possible to add ILS to an airport?

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if it is possible to add an ILS to my local aiport (NZHN). I had a quick look through the FS folders but that didnt seem to yeild any results.

Thanks for any replies,
Jarred.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

I dont know exactly but i am sure with some freeware aiport design programmes, u can add ILS frequencies to the airports that you are building. The thing is there might be one that allows you to edit it the other airports already available in the Flight simulator, therefore given you a resolution for your problem. Someone will have to let you know, however, weither or not this is possible, as i say i dont know.

Pro Member Captain
WarHawk42 Captain

I guess my question is why do you want to make an airport ILS if it isn't? There are plenty that are and for the sake of realism I wouldn't want to make that change unless the airport in question should be ILS but isn't.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

You can add ILS to airports that dont have it already
You will need a program called Afcad2

With this program you can create new airports,increase the parking areas to airports already there,add specific parking,add ils,ndbs and loads more ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1232/afcad-221-for-fs2004/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Additionally you might want to check out Rwy 12. They seem to be doing anything and everything that has to do with airports. ➡ http://www.rwy12.com/rwy12/

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

OK thanks for the links guys, I'll check it out later.

BTW, the reason for adding an ILS to my local airport is because they are increasing the runway length in a year or two and a ILS system will obviously be installed to combat the ever-annoying problems of fog that constantly delays planes to other aiports.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...