OK,so what do i buy???

Which should i get?(PLEASE READ TOPIC FIRST)
1)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
2)
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 7

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Ok,so i just did a mass selling on ebay and collected 160€ but here's the bad part:What do i do with it???I thought of three things to do:
1)-Not ever use it 😕(who would want to do that?)
Priceless

2)-But this cool thing!:
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/search.do?productCode=XPLANE
(be sure to check the vid!)
143,93€

3)-Enhance the realisme of my fs 2004 buy buying the saitek x-52:
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm( I just saw it in my local pc shop!I almost succombed to buying it on the spot!)and other things like a hyper-blot-out-every-other-sound-headset:
http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.asp?PRID=1337531&OrderInSession=1&Mn=35&NID=2894978&SID=cb3f1189-1ed1-8b0b-50ba-58d6266a392c&TTL=190320061325&Origin=FnacFR&Ra=-50&To=0&Nu=10&UID=0108e5c71-3e0f-b90b-3ade-af2dd8189941&Fr=2
Total price:approx 145€

So please tell me what you think about these things! 🙄 Idea

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

I'd go for the X-Plane, don't crash though!! Quite a lot of money to squander. Maybe if its your first remote control plane you should buy a cheaper one 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I like the Xplane and camera 👍 ,but only one pic per flight Crying or Very sad
So for me I would buy the flight control and headphones 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Pilot,I think the x-plane's really neat with all the accessories,and i already had a nice rc glider,so i've been searchin for somethin motorized.I'm still a more or less newbie with rc planes, but i took lessons with a gas engined rc plane and i got my licsence,but still...I'm not that sure...

TTT,the x-52 is hyper cool,and i love the throttle and the lcd screen on it,and i think i need a new joystick,Cause now i've got a saitek st90,good grip,but a hyper crummy button throttle,the headphone are really good to.But i still don't know...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The X-Plane will get old fast but the saitek will be a pleasure for years.
Buy a cheaper RC if you want, don't get the headset and add some money to it.
Ask for the headset for Christmas or birthdays.

Radar

yeah,i guess your're right ,rm,i can probably resolvemy rc craving with my rc chopper and blimp,and i can also use the joystick every time i'm on the pc,but the plane only when i'm at my rc plane club and when there's good weather.the saitek also cost's less,so i'll have 30€ left,and i also know that soon i'll be gaining another 60€,so i'll still have a total of 90€,after i bought the x52.I guess i'll do that,but i wonder,it said on the box that the joystck was only made for windows 2000,xp,and nt.I have xp,but what if i buy vista in a month???Will i not be able to use the joystick anymore,or will they make an update?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Vista won't be out until the end of the year, a beta will be out next month (#2).
Since the X52 is fairly new my bet is that they will have new drivers for Vista.
There's no guarantee for that, you could always e-mail them first and ask them if they are planing on updating it.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

yeah,i guess your're right ,rm,i can probably resolvemy rc craving with my rc chopper and blimp,and i can also use the joystick every time i'm on the pc,but the plane only when i'm at my rc plane club and when there's good weather.the saitek also cost's less,so i'll have 30€ left,and i also know that soon i'll be gaining another 60€,so i'll still have a total of 90€,after i bought the x52.I guess i'll do that,but i wonder,it said on the box that the joystck was only made for windows 2000,xp,and nt.I have xp,but what if i buy vista in a month???Will i not be able to use the joystick anymore,or will they make an update?

Whoops,this was me,just wasn't logged on.

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Vista won't be out until the end of the year, a beta will be out next month (#2).
Since the X52 is fairly new my bet is that they will have new drivers for Vista.
There's no guarantee for that, you could always e-mail them first and ask them if they are planing on updating it.

Radar

Yeah i agree,and i have a saitek updating system,so it should work.anyway,to late stopping me now!I think i'll pick it up tomorrow!Oh,by the way,what kind of a joystick do you have,RM?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Yeah i agree,and i have a saitek updating system,so it should work.anyway,to late stopping me now!I think i'll pick it up tomorrow!Oh,by the way,what kind of a joystick do you have,RM?

I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro2 USB and right now I couldn't ask for more.
I doubt that It will work in Vista so I'll be buying the X52 or a yoke for it.

Enjoy the stick it looks like a winner!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah,i can't get it today,because it's sunday and the shops are closed but i'll get tomorrow!I'll review it here.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...