Best 737 Download? Or repaint for Default.

Pro Member First Officer
Canyon (NoWorries) First Officer

I have the Arizona 1 Southwest download from avsim, it's a great flier, but it has no virtual cockpit, only one door opens, it doesn't have the fold down landing lights, and the radio stack doesn't work with the mouse...plus it's just a 300 model.

I am about to start a repaint for my VA, and I'd really like a new 500 - 800 model 737 with Vortex Generators/Range Extenders. I tried the Kittyhawk 738 download, in Ryanair livery, and a couple of ficticious liners, and I like the way they fly and everything seems to work, except I have a terrible time taxiing them, I'm always worried that after I land it will fall onto its tail...so obviously the Kittyhawk isn't my last plane.

A ready to paint version would be great, but obviously not the most important feature.

Thanks!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

www.projectopensky.com

😎 Try their new Boeing 737-800. It is the best 737 that I have seen! 😎

Pro Member First Officer

Awesome, I haven't been to POSKY in six months, downloading now!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

I tried the Kittyhawk 738 download...I like the way they fly and everything seems to work, except I have a terrible time taxiing them, I'm always worried that after I land it will fall onto its tail...

A ready to paint version would be great, but obviously not the most important feature.

Thanks!

PanAmerican put you on the right track, the Poskys all come with a Paintkit. However, you shouldn't ditch your Kittyhawks yet, IMO they have some of the most stunning textures.
If you have problems with the handling (taxiing) of the Kittyhawks, you'll have problems with the Poskys. Both have pretty good flight dynamics.
When you set up a flight using a Kittyhawk or Posky, you won't get away with not checking and adjusting your Fuel and Payload.
You will see that by default those aircraft are ...over gross weight.

Pro Member First Officer

I noticed that on both planes, and adjusted accordingly. My joystick is being shipped to me right now...so I took the 737 and the Canadair 900 around the pattern with autopilot, I was pretty impressed with both of them, especially the CRJ.

Maybe I missed it in the readme, but I couldn't get the radiostack, checklists, or throttle quadrant to work on the 737, I'll have to look into it a little more when I get my joystick, but I'm definitely going to start painting the CRJ, I didn't even think I wanted a regional jet, but it sure does seem like a fun plane to fly.

Thanks again for the tip.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

NoWorries wrote:

Maybe I missed it in the readme, but I couldn't get the radiostack, checklists, or throttle quadrant to work on the 737...

Thanks again for the tip.

Depending on who made the panel you are using at the moment, the clickable switches may be at a different location and hard to find in all the excitement.
An easy way to determine whether everything is actually available, is to once you have your panel loaded, hold down Shift while cycling through 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9.

The radiostack sometimes is a part of the gauges -- so you have to make sure that you've installed all the gauges properly.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

No worries,

I like you sort of stay away wether intentionally or not from the POSKY site once in a while b/c when I go back and surf there is usually a plane in there that I cannot live w/o. I cool community POSKY.

-OG.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...