Pitch Trim Rudder and Elevator Settings on Take-Off

Pro Member First Officer
leachus2002 First Officer

Hey Peeps,

I am currently flying an Airbus A321 and wondered if anyone knew the recommended pitch trim settings for the rudder and elevator for take off?

Thanks
Leachus

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Rudder should be zero. Elevator depends on weight and CG location. In the absence of any other information, I would use about +5 degrees nose up. Just a guess, I don't have the aircraft. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Thanks for that - do you know how I would set it to 5 degrees though as there are 2 parts to the elevator?

Here is a small image:

Thanks
Leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The Pitch trim is the only one that you can set. Your elevator trim will set that number. The lower indicator is the actual position of the elevator, used when you check your controls for free and correct movement.🙂

Pro Member First Officer

Hi,

Well, I set the pitch trim figure to 5.0 and the aircraft keeps climbing past 10 degrees and then goes into a stall.

Should it be less than this?

Thanks
Leachus

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The pitch trim setting is just an initial setting, you still have to fly the aircraft and adjust the trim as necessary. Try 3 degrees. 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...