Still no aircraft in sight.. (adding an aircraft problem)

Pro Member Trainee
IFR Trainee

OK good guys, here is what I did and FS9 did not do.
1. Uninstalled FS9 totally - got rid of everything - clean
2. Reinstalled FS9
3. Installed the FS9.1 update.
4. Ensured that the system would work (ran a simulation) - OK

5. Downloaded fs14fs9a.zip from this site.
6 Opened the zip and put the F14BTomcat folder into the aircraft folder of FS9
7. F14B folder contained model, sound, panel, and some other files.
8. The gauge files have two sub folders in them. I put the sub folders in the root gauges folder. They were tomcat, tomcatvc and rcb-gauges folders
9. I put the seven fx_F14.. effect files in the effects folder.
10. That should do it according to the write ups that I have seen so far. So I fired up FS9 and guess what Mad NO F14 TO BE FOUND....
11. My assumption is that the aircraft should show up in the aircraft selection when creating a flight.

Come on guys, I am computer and aircraft litterate, What's the secret hand shake?? Everybody seems to think it's easy. But to date nothing has worked. (bummed out) 😞

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Ok this is what u do , ofcaurse it happened to me too but...
Whatever it workd for me. lol.
Down to buisness: i think u just not doing it correctly so i will download thwe same tomcat for this websiite and then we'llc.

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

Tell me what tomcat u downloaded?

Pro Member Trainee
IFR Trainee

for the specific aircraft see the original message step 5 for the specific file.
Look on this website for military aircraft most popular.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

IFR, have you checked through all the aircraft models ? add-ons dont always show up as there named aircraft. Example........... I have an F/A-18 Hornet installed, but it does'nt show up within Aircraft model, it is right down at the bottom of the Boeing list. So I would go through them all, and I'm sure you'll find it. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have that aircraft in my folder, it's a fast fun one to fly. I use the Jolly Roger.

Unzip it into the temporary window.
Load the contents of the gauge folder into the main gauge folder.
Load the contents of the effects folder into the main effects folder.
Put the entire remaining folder (F14B Tomcat) into the main aircraft folder.
Now launch the sim and it should be listed under Grumman.

This is the one to have, the 2004 model.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/728/fs2004-grumman-f-14b-tomcat/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
IFR Trainee

OK...
This time I found it. I used the same method as before (choose any aircraft) then find it in the list. Perhaps getting out and back into FS9 did the trick. It was not being used at the time I put the stuff in there but perhaps it needed to cycle like typical MS products..

Thanks for your help guys..

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I'm sorry for the capitals but it has to be said.

WHEN INSTALLING AIRCRAFT, SCENERY OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT USE FS. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CLOSE FS DOWN INSTALL YOUR AIRCRAFT THEN RESTART FS9. YOU SHOULD NOW SEE YOUR AIRCRAFT

Once again I'm sorry about the capitals but it had to be said.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...