New aircraft not showing in selection area

Pro Member Trainee
BayouTalker Trainee

I have downloaded many aircraft and most work just fine. I have recently added some AI aircraft and some of them do not show up in the list. I realize that they do not need to show up as choices, but it does help to determine if I already have them. I set the ui_manufacturer=AI Helicopter the same as others that work, but a couple just do not show up.

Here is the text from the aircraft.cfg....

[fltsim.0]
title=AIBellHuey2 "AAAvn"
sim=stemme_as_helicopter_1
model=1
panel=
sound=
texture=AAAvn
kb_checklists=
prop_anim_ratio=1.46
ui_manufacturer=AI Helicopter
ui_type=UH-1H Huey
ui_variation=Australian Army
atc_airline=Iroquois
atc_parking_types=RAMP
atc_parking_codes=UH1
visual_damage=1
description=altered for AI helicopters project by Holger Sandmann\s braking strength set to max

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I hope that this is of some help to you, if not come on back and we'll try again.

http://www.simviation.com/lair/aliasing1.htm

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BayouTalker Trainee

I thought you had found it, but it doesn't explain the problem. I see in this document that you must have a panel and sound folder for the aircraft to show. As the ones I am having trouble with do not have these, I checked the ones that do work (by the same author) to see if they had them. They did not!! Yet they still show. There must be something else I am not seeing that is the problem.

Thanks for trying.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you change [fltsim.0] to [fltsim.1] , still the same problem?

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
BayouTalker Trainee

Actually, in total there are 4 different textures in this heli and none of them show up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't think I (my knowledge) can go too much further, it is a craft made for 2004 not 2002 I hope.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

After some hunting, see if these are any better.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I recently downloaded Addit software trial version and it is an easy way to install planes. Even more important is that it will uninstall all of the files of the plane does not meet your needs.
I am still undecided as to whether or not I would buy the full usable version, but it is an option to uncomplicate add ons to the game.

BayouTalker wrote:

I have downloaded many aircraft and most work just fine. I have recently added some AI aircraft and some of them do not show up in the list. I realize that they do not need to show up as choices, but it does help to determine if I already have them. I set the ui_manufacturer=AI Helicopter the same as others that work, but a couple just do not show up.

Here is the text from the aircraft.cfg....

[fltsim.0]
title=AIBellHuey2 "AAAvn"
sim=stemme_as_helicopter_1
model=1
panel=
sound=
texture=AAAvn
kb_checklists=
prop_anim_ratio=1.46
ui_manufacturer=AI Helicopter
ui_type=UH-1H Huey
ui_variation=Australian Army
atc_airline=Iroquois
atc_parking_types=RAMP
atc_parking_codes=UH1
visual_damage=1
description=altered for AI helicopters project by Holger Sandmann\s braking strength set to max

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi
Ive got the same trouble ive done a search which has lead me here, Im looking for the MDL file & the cfg that should be in the Model folder. Both "Model & Model1" folders are empty.

regards

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...