Error msg when loading up FS2004

Skorpion Guest

Can anyone help me get rid of this prob. I recently uninstalled and re-installed FS2004. I do not have any other aircrafts or other files except the original ones in the folder. Every time I start the game, I get a msg

"Flight Simulator cannot find the aircraft for the requested flight. The default flight will now try to load."

The loads up and everything is fine, but this msg always comes up at loading time. Is there a solution? I tried unstalling and re-installing it in a new folder name, but that hasn't worked either.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here is a "solution" from MS.
I would make certain that ALL files are deleted, Windows has a bad habit of leaving files and folders behind.
Go to "My Documents" and if the Flight folder is still there dump it, and make a search of files and folders, put a checkmark in the "hidden " box to see if anything is there and then reinstall it.
I think that it's the folder in "My Documents" that's causing the problem, but I can be wrong, often. 🙄

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;837195

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...