Missing commands in FS9? No zoom / views

Guest Guest

Are there mssing functions for MSFS9.1 or are they not included? I cannot zoom the view in / out, although the backspace will zoom to 1X - but its always at 1X. Neither the setting nor the FS9.cfg file have any indication that these controls are even included with the program. It is very frustrating to not be able to set the zoom.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

"+" or "-" should do it.
Here are the keyboard commands, download and print them out.

http://www.scenery.org/_downloads/fs2004keys.zip

Radar

guest Guest

Actually, I've tried that - I have seen this on several websites as well, that the minus and equals keys are supposed to zoom - they do nothing on my comp. This is what is puzzling me - the commands seem to be completely absent! There is no zoom in ANY view (internal or external), and there is nothing in the keyboard settings that specifies view zoom, EXCEPT for the backspace key.
1. could this have something to do with my keyboard? it is a wireless "no-name" keyboard.
2. could my installation of the program have been faulty? I don't see how this could be the problem.
3. are there functional differences inherent to the program depending on what country the game was purchased in? I'm in Canada, so again I don't see how this could be the problem.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post - any help is greatly appreciated🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I doubt that it's the keyboard.

I can't see why that would be faulty in the installation.

Your Canadian version (if it's English not French) is the same as mine.

Try it in the spot view, that what I always use it for.

If you use the keypad your numlock has to be on.

See how that works out.

Radar

Guest Guest

Thanks for that info - actually, I found the zoom control - its in the drop-down menu under Views - I can adjust the zoom within the 3D Preview window. I've also found that by resetting the default setting of FS9 that I get the zoom function back. The only thing I can't figure out is what I changed in the first place that disabled the zoom function - but I guess trial and error will determine that, as I reset all my joystick keys to the configuration I prefer. Anyhow, thank you guys, I'll probably be back with more questions 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...