Where is the AI Traffic?

gary fitz Guest

where is all da AI traffic???? i got fs2002 yesterday and i have only seen 2 or 3 planes so far 😞 . And odd 1 will take off and land but hardly any.
HELP ME O PLS! 😞

Answers 19 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Have you gone to settings? There is a Atc option in there for number of ATC voices and a traffic adjustment (push it to 100%)

If thats still not enough traffic you could try this freeware prog

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/726/project-ai-v25/

I have used this in fs2002 and fs9 and its very good(the more you d/load the more you get)
I have now upgraded to a payware prog called Traffic2004

http://www.justflight.com/traffic2004-home.asp

A great program(BTW it comes with Traffic2002 so if you are thinking of upgrading to fs9....... )

There are other freeware and payware progs about and here is a good listing

For now though I would recommend ProjectAI (I found it to be the best one in my humble opinion)

Hope it helps

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Ok,ProjectAI is compatable with fs8 & fs9
1st up goto official files and click PIA Installer & special packages
Pick the PIA installer 2.5

Now choose what you want, commercial or general or both.

Tip ; create a desktop folder and call it traffic and download everything PIA into there

Now go back to the installer page and click airlines----d/load as many of these as you want (start with your own country) adnd put them into your traffic folder
Back again to the installer page and pick anythig else you want

Now install and run the PIA installer (as all your d/loaded pia files are together it should find them automatically)

On the installer page there is a very good Q&A page

Have a go at that and let us know how you are doing

gary fitz Guest

😀
ok i done it (just 1 airline (Qantas) ), so is that all u have to do????????
😂

gary fitz Guest

ok now i got it 😀
thnx tom (again) 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Now d/load your aircraft from the resources section(again as many as you like).You could d/load only one aircraft and any amount of airlines as they will all use that aircraft,if they fly it
Then run it all through the installer (you should see a splash screen of the airline/s that you added )Then just fire up the sim and look out for your added airline/s

But only having one extra airline is not going to make much more traffic

(I d/loaded a couple every night -airlines and aircraft..untill I had nearly all of them)

Fire up the sim and look out for your Qantas aircraft

i got loads now!!! 😀
luckily i have a good pc, i download so much shit 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Group Wave

any other cool downloads u could recommend for fs2002 ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Check out this list for free scenery ➡

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2002.php

Loads of stuff there

😀

gary fitz Guest

hmmm page wont load, sure its the wright address???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It just worked for me, give it some time, it's very large.

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2002.php

Radar

gary fitz Guest

its working now, my internet was very poor last night, every page took ages to load, its back to normal today though and i got a shit load more scenery 😂
T H A N K S

is there anyway to get fuel trucks and cars etc. in the airports???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think that you can get that with some software and some scenery downloads, usually payware.

FS Design Studio V2 http://www.abacuspub.com/

Radar

roboslowo Guest

the aircrafts and airlines i downloaded from project ai are supposed for use as traffic but u can still fly them! but it doesn't show you the instruments or any panels in the cokpit. is there any way to change this?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

They're made just as you say for AI use.
That means they make them as small a download as possible to take up less space on your h/d. If you like a particular aircraft why not look for a complete one to add to your collection.
We'll be glad to assist you if you can't find one.

Radar

roboslowo Guest

well i can find other aircrafts on the web but not as freeware. i have one addon called boeing 767-something which works perfectly fine. i can only find addons as freeware on the web which are adding a non-real airline but a real aircraft!? do u know a place where i can find addons? thank you!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tell us exactly what you want, by name.
There are thousands of downloads just give us the type of aircraft you want. A 767 something doesn't help much and is it 2002 or 2004 that you need.
Here are many different types of downloads.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads.html

Radar

roboslowo Guest

i am sorry i already found what i was looking for. now i am having a problem with so much traffic that there is nothing going on anymore. this stupid thing drives me nutz. lastly, i used frankfurt airport and i wanted to take of but there were 19 planes waiting to use this runway too. you have to add the planes that were landing there. the problem is that everyone, every single plane wether landing or taking off, has to use runway 7l. there is a runway 7r and two other shorter ones but no plane can use them. you are always told to use 7l. there would be no traffic if all the planes split up to several other possible runways. it's not that they can only use this one it they are long enough and provided with ils. but i haven't seen one single plane ever using another runway(except 7l). i read the book i got with fs 2002 and it states that there is just one active runway at every airport but i read on the web that there is a possibility to switch other runways on. I NEED HELP!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...