Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Brakes are always applied

Pilotmansam51590

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:58 pm 

i'm using the CH products pro pedals and the CH products flight sim yoke. When I try to fly the plane off of the runway it says the brakes are still applied. Its not the parking brake.... it just says the brakes are applied and the airplane wont roll down the runway. Any similar problems? Any solutions?
Thunderbirdman2
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:59 pm 

Mabe try to put the brake slide down
TECH ALEC!
VISIT US DAILY FOR VIDEOS PICTURES FORUMS BLOGS!!!!!
CONTEST WITH PRIZES COMING SOON!
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:02 pm 

Pilotmansam51590 wrote:
i'm using the CH products pro pedals and the CH products flight sim yoke. When I try to fly the plane off of the runway it says the brakes are still applied. Its not the parking brake.... it just says the brakes are applied and the airplane wont roll down the runway. Any similar problems? Any solutions?

I am seeing the same problem. I solved it by never applying the brakes. Shocked Laughing

I almost forgot. If I apply differential braking, I can move the plane. Rolling Eyes
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:12 pm 

Recalibrate your controllers, be careful both will say brakes. Ensure that brake assignments are not duplicated(sometimes they change on their own). If you need to, try connecting your pedals to a USB port on the computer instead of a hub.

This may sound dumb but....tap on the toe brakes or the [period key] and they should disengage, just thought I'd mention it just in case. Smile
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:54 pm 

CRJCapt wrote:
Recalibrate your controllers, be careful both will say brakes. Ensure that brake assignments are not duplicated(sometimes they change on their own). If you need to, try connecting your pedals to a USB port on the computer instead of a hub.

This may sound dumb but....tap on the toe brakes or the [period key] and they should disengage, just thought I'd mention it just in case. Smile

It makes good sense....except that the demo doesn't play by the rules. Sad
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
SamIntel
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:15 am 

I am having this same exact problem, it can't be fixed. BUT... If you turn the sensitivity ALL the way up on the pedals, you can push them all the way in, and the brakes will turn off.

I'm not a bad pilot, I just like experimenting a little.
greystone
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:59 pm 

I had the same problem. Only way I found to fix this was just as you make your takeoff roll, hold down <CTRL> and hit the Period key twice. The brakes should turn off. If you don't do this, your airspeed will not increase sufficiently for T/O. Weird.

Also, I suppose there is a reason for having to set up the brakes in reverse for the differentials, but I am at a loss to understand why that is necessary. Right rudder + left differential brake!?? Makes no sense. Easy fix, but still not logical.
axel31

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:44 pm 

I have ch pro pedals, too, abd I have the fix:

Put your brake NULL ZONE to the minimum, then back to flight, apply brakes, release them and..... they are gone!!!!!
Have nice flights
any doubt: axelete27@hotmail.com
lawlegge
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:11 pm 

I had this problem (I am using the CH pedals) and this is what I e v e n t u a l l y realized -

in my case the problem is/was in the brake "null zone" sliders.

The problem only appears if the sliders are set farther then 1 centimeter from the left (approx. 20 %) - no farther than the "n" in the word "Zone" above the sliders. As long as I don't go past the "n" the pedals work perfectly.

Hope this helps,
lawlegge
7ECA-Captain
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:04 pm 

Easing up on the settings should resolve the problem. I had the same thing when I first installed the pedals. I simply reset them to default and it stopped the problem. I've also discovered that you can release the park brakes by simply pressing the pedals, kinda neat for those obstacle clearance or short field take offs?
cthiggin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:06 pm 

Hello fellow simmers with CH Pedal Problems..
I HAD the same problem and talked to a tech fellow at CH last year.
He told me when "calibrating", using CH Control Manager, and when you get to the part of calibration that tells you to center pedals (think it's third step of calibration) to PUT a cd case under the back of each pedal, then hit "calibrate or "dont" - then move on to next step that's toe brakes.......that by doing this, you can then set you feet on the pedals without any brakes being applied - and ALL else works just fine. AND it did the trick for me. - I had tried the null zone, sensitivity before calling CH - thought my pedals were bad.........but again, it WORKED and solved the problem.
cthiggin
conticreative
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 am 

I am experiencing the same issue but I am using (and just installed) the Sitek pedals.

Running now without the pedals to test. Previously I had to delete a number of key assignments the pedals had for non existent buttons, but it did not solve the problem. without the pedals everything is fine
conticreative
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:55 am 

Well I found the solution and it works for me. Hopefully it will work for others too.

I found out that whoth toe pedals forward the red break alert disappeared. Also I noticed that the directional breaks would come on very soon in the pedals travel but then disappeared.

In the controls I reversed the pedals (with the checkbox next to each) and now the break alert disappears since the breaks have their travel reversed. They still work fine and they engage properly and now if I push both all the way, the main break sign pops up, just like before but it doesn't happen at rest.
drkusa
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:13 pm 

cthiggin...

Thanks a load for your CD-under-the-pedals trick. That worked perfectly!

This problem of the persistent brake display has been bugging me for a long time and none of the "solutions" I had read and tried before did any good.

I had always suspected it had something to do with the calibration but none of my experiments worked. Never occurred to me to try a simple thing like propping up the pedals for calibration.

Can't thank you enough for solving this one for me.

drkusa
Accelor
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:17 pm 

Yes the thing to do is to check the ( Reverse ) box under control axis, that will solve the problem. Smile
Bobby T.

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:00 pm 

I recently removed FSX, and re-installed it on my wife's computer, which is still running Windows XP.
I unplugged the ethernet cable, and WOW! it works fine.
On the second and third attempts to play it, it complains that it can't connect to the WEB, gives me an error, but then loads up and works properly.

SO, as I suspected, as long as you're offline it works. As soon as you go online and register it, Microsoft probably puts in their nasty little plug to ruin it - not completely, but just so it won't let any of the aircraft on the ground work.

I guess it was so good you don't need the new one, so they are probably trying to force us to buy the new one, which, by the way, has nowhere NEAR the capabilities...

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum