Braathens 737-700

Pro Member Trainee
Sindre Henriksen (gothgod) Trainee

Anyone knows where I can find a good freeware Braathens 737-700 with the new colors (with the norwegian flag on the tail and blue belly)?
I have the kittyhawks version but everytime when I go in for landing the nose just keeps pointing downwards eventhough I have the necessary speed and flaps fully extracted. 😞
the details on the kittykhawks version is good but something must bw wrong with the plane 😞
and if I have to much speed the plane increases alltitude, instead of decreassing alltitude.

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Here is Project Opensky's attempt at it.... ➡

http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads.php?aircraft=o8vb1&location=europe

😉

Pro Member Trainee

Thanx dude 🙂

Pro Member Trainee

Btw Mate...
I tested the aircraft. It's nice but the turning is weak and when I landed at (ENKB) Kvernberget airport here in norway, I landed with flaps fully extracted, gear down and spped at I think it was 146 knots and I had the auto brake at level 2 but when I landed and set the engines for reverse thrust the aircraft didnt brake much as a an FFX 737-500.

Do you know if there is anything I can do to make the brakes on the aircraft work better?
but the most neet thing I liked about the aircraft was the towing truck that showed when I entered "push back". 😀
That was just cool 🙂

Is is possible too get towing trucks to every plane in the game?

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

well the guys at posky i think tried to emulate the weaker brakes as in real life and the slow(IE. non-arcade) slow roll rate - but indeed they might have gone a bit far. get on projectopensky.com and check out their FDE forum.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

are you using FSPAX?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gothgod wrote:

Is is possible too get towing trucks to every plane in the game?

No. Tow trucks are either a part of the individual aircraft or of an individual airport scenery you download.

Pro Member Trainee

Ah ok...
Wellwell 🙂

Do you know if it's gonna towing trucks in FSX?
I tryed the demo and when I put all setting for graphics at the best it didnt go well😛 hehe
I think my graphics card is alittlw weak for the kind of graphics Microsoft has made for FSX.
I have an ATI Radeon X600 Hyper Memory 256mb graphics card.
I have all the best setting at max in FS2004 and it goes reall smooth 😀[/code]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

gothgod wrote:

Do you know if it's gonna towing trucks in FSX?
I tryed the demo and when I put all setting for graphics at the best it didnt go well

I don't have FSX yet but any questions related to FSX will surely be answered by those who already have it in the Flight Simulator X forums up the top.

I wouldn't make any final judgement redarding FSX based on the Demo. Hang about and keep reading the FSX forums for the next few weeks. I'm sure many of your questions will be answered.

Pro Member Trainee

Ok sure...

I also found out that the autopilot on the Posky 737-700 Braathens dont work properly!
The autothrottle works, the flight director goes on but the alltitude switch wont work!
I was going to fly from ENKB (Kvernberget) to ENZV (Sola) and was told to climb to 8000ft but when i reached 5000ft and put the autopilot on the plane wouldnt climb anymore! The flaps were fully retracted and offcourse the landing gear up.
Kinda funny though...
I have a B747-200 Qantas which I downloaded from www.projectopensky.com and that plane works just fine.
The autobrakes is very good, the autopilot is fully functional.

But I dont think it's the same maker though😛 hehe

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The autopilot is part of the panel. So the question is, what panel are you using?
I can't have a look at it because I can't find the File Description which would let me do a ZipDive at avsim.

Soooo... you have to either find out for yourself which panel you are using or you have to provide the link for the Braathens so we can look at it.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Perhaps there's some kind of conspiracy going on here that we don't know about with people answering all these old posts! 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

Sounds like people trying to pad their post count to me...

Wait.... guess that makes me guilty too this time... dangit!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...