The Official Guide

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Until FS2000, MS included a real manual in book form. The Official Guide Microsoft Flight Simulator Master the Experience, which retails for $19.95, is what MS doesn't provide you with any more. 😞

To make you think you were getting more for your money, they made it an unwieldy 8.5" x 10.75", with the type a bit larger than necessary and more pictures than needed.

This is not surprising, as it is published by Prima Games who probably assume a substantial number of potential purchasers lack the ability (or desire) to read.

If you are looking for technical information regarding FSX, this is definitely not the book for you.

What it does have is a fairly complete walk-through of the features of FSX, including tutorials, missions, aircraft statistics, failure settings and emergency simulation, online flying, hotkeys and more.

This book is clearly aimed at the first time or casual FS user, not the hard-core FS types.

Since I noted "Prima Official Game Guide" on the spine, "Games for Windows" and "Microsoft Game Studios" on the front cover, and "A Pilot's Guide for Gamers" on the back cover, I made sure to thoroughly wash my hands after handling the book. Ill Puke Up Yucky

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Alec Stelloh (Thunderbirdman2) First Officer

Nice

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You saved me a trip to the store and $19.95, thank you.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Maybe I saved you the trip, but I assume you would have looked at it before buying it. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

Maybe I saved you the trip, but I assume you would have looked at it before buying it. 😂

Yes You betcha, Red Rider 😉

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...