Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Groundhandling and Pushback

Aldeeb
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:59 pm 

I have successfully put some downloaded aircraft from FS9 onto FS10 but I am having diffs with the RCB Grounhandling - the icon does not appear on the panel despite putting exactly the same folder in the FS10 folder for aircraft as I did in FS9. I'm wondering if anybody else has met this problem and knows what to tweak to put the problem right.

Also when I first opened up FS10 I called for the pushback via CTRL+P and I think it got commands for both the yards straight back and also turn left and right. I haven't been able to find them since and wonder what I am doing differently. Does anybody have any thoughts on this one?
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 am 

Regarding the gauges Aldeeb, many that worked in fs9 will NOT work in fsx. Since RCB Grounhandling is a type of gauge, this could be the issue here.
Whether the incompatibility has a bearing on a gauge's icon showing up or not I don't know.

The forum threads elsewhere have been discussing the gauges in fsx for some time... here we don't seem to be able to think outside the box yet. Big Grin
Aldeeb
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:27 am 

Thanks for the reply Tailhook, I thought it might be something like that - perhaps the software might get upgraded for FS10 as it is so useful on taxying and landing.

This is a minor thing compared to the excellent scenery I have encountered in the Rockies, UK Lake District and the Caribbean.
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:34 am 

Aldeeb wrote:
perhaps the software might get upgraded for FS10 as it is so useful on taxying and landing.

Your prayers have been answered Aldeeb Very Happy check this out Arrow

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2634/fsx-groundhandling-gauges-pushback-taxispeed-control-etc/
Aldeeb
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 am 

Thanks Tailhook and I've duly downloaded it. The layout is somewhat different to the one rcb produced for fs9 and the installation differs too. So I will study the readme and get it up and running.

Still trying to figure out where the FSX tug went to and what happened to the command instructions for back, turn left and turn right.

Trying to jump the gun with added aircraft from FS9 was definitely not a good idea and caused serious glitches to happen so I've had to de-install and just about to put it back! Will I never learn?

I also tried to tweak up the AI aircraft, ground vehicles and water-bornes and turned it up a bit too far causing the system to go into "spasms"! The spec in the "Official guide" indicates that my pc with a 3GHz processor is any event below the recommended spec of 3.4 OR MORE! I think the twin video card has to be a must too as I only have a single one. My number 2 pc was bought 7 years ago so perhaps in a year or two that will be replaced with hardware that really can do the job - I noted that even with a high spec pc the guide suggests it might not go up to the high end of everything, so perhaps the pc for FSX has yet to be designed!

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum