Can't install fsx...NEED HELP!!!

GUEST Guest

I recently bought a copy of fsx deluxe, and have tried to install it on my pc many times, but with no avail. Every time I insert the disk into my dvd slot, I start to hear the disk turn, but then it stops, and my computer looks perfectly normal. However, as soon as I do anything other then select an icon on my desktop, everything freezes, and I have to pull the plug. Trhis is a realpain, and I would really appriciate it if somebody could help me out...

Answers 74 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

GUEST wrote:

I recently bought a copy of fsx deluxe, and have tried to install it on my pc many times, but with no avail. Every time I insert the disk into my dvd slot, I start to hear the disk turn, but then it stops, and my computer looks perfectly normal. However, as soon as I do anything other then select an icon on my desktop, everything freezes, and I have to pull the plug. Trhis is a realpain, and I would really appriciate it if somebody could help me out...

Doubleposting won't solve your problem.

Giving us appropriate information might.

Pro Member Trainee
DVM100 Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

GUEST wrote:

Don't much like your tone - not helpful at all. Had any takers for your help yet - doubt it!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

DVM100 wrote:

Tailhook wrote:

GUEST wrote:

Don't much like your tone - not helpful at all. Had any takers for your help yet - doubt it!

Why's that - not enough smilies for you?

My tone is as little or as much the issue as your own.

What surprises me is that despite your willingness to help, you haven't even made an attempt.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Are you sure it's a DVD and not a CD only drive?

Can you go to "My Computer" and double click on the drive, that would open the DVD and you can click on install there.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
DVM100 Trainee

Thanks Radarman. I had tried all that and nothing happens. I have a 3Ghz processor, 256Mg Video card, 1Gb RAM, and the DVD does not eract to the setup.exe file. I have heard there is a problem with NERO or Intervideo programs so I have unistalled those, biut still nothing. I have updated my drvier for the DVD, and instsalled a UDF reader, but nothing still. any hints?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Burners have problems with loading some software, I had that with IL2 but it should open with My Computer, very odd!

Try going into safe mode and loading it there.
Is there a message at all or just the spinning sound (and light) of the drive. Are you certain that your burner works right now, they can go out anytime.

You have good computer specs.

If this won't work, list all the non usual programs you have that others may not have.

Radar

I have the very same problem, the disc goes in and the computer appears to start reading it. Then nothing, if I try to open 'my computer' or any other way of getting into explorer then the computer hangs.
DVD drawer wont open, nothing seems to work. The only obvious action is to switch off the computer. If I reboot with the FSX dvd still in the drawer, the computer starts as normal but if I try to open it in explorer, the computer hangs just like before.

3.4 intel P4 : 2 gig DDR2 memory : Radion x800 graphics card.

When the computer hangs, the processor shows 50% usage in task manager with no applications running. scvhost.exe shows 50% processor usage with ststem idle showing the other 50%.

Hope this is enough to assist in helping

Pro Member Trainee
DVM100 Trainee

Thanks again Radarman, and thanks to "Guest". I will try to run it with the disk in and turn off the computer.

I have tried to get into safe mode, but F8 won't work on start up. I think I may have to upgrade my DVD because it works fine on other DVDs, just not FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I have the very same problem, the disc goes in and the computer appears to start reading it. Then nothing, if I try to open 'my computer' or any other way of getting into explorer then the computer hangs.

Have you tried installing via Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel?

another guest Guest

I tried installing it with the add/remove programmes. First I had to boot the computer with the dvd in the drawer (or it would freeze when I did put it in). The computer started as usual. I opened the control panel,, clicked 'add programme' and it appeard ok. As soon as I tried to access the dvd drive the computer froze, as it had done when I had tried to access the dvd drive with explorer.
I will try to install it from a different dvd reader, as soon as I can borrow one. I hope the dvd doesnt need to be in the machine for FSX to open.

Pro Member Trainee
TJT Trainee

I'm having the exact problem trying to load FSX onto my Thinkpad. Same symptoms as above. I'm going to try using a different DVD drive this evening.

another guest Guest

I think it might be more than a coincidence that I'm haviing the problem with a ThinkCentre.
I tried the dvd in an older computer ~ worked ok
I tried an older dvd in my computer ~ computer wouldn't recogise the drive had a disc in it. (with any disc in it)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

another guest wrote:

I think it might be more than a coincidence that I'm haviing the problem with a ThinkCentre.
I tried the dvd in an older computer ~ worked ok
I tried an older dvd in my computer ~ computer wouldn't recogise the drive had a disc in it. (with any disc in it)

If you have Nero installed uninstall it and clean up in "search" then reboot.

Radar

another guest Guest

I don't have Nero installed, I do have Sonic Multimedia. Don't know if it's supposed to be specific to one dvd drive though. I've checked the discs for FSX in another computer and they appear ok although I aborted the installation as soon as I could confirm the dvd drive was reading the discs.
I am a bit reluctant to buy another dvd drive that might or might not work in this computer and even if it does, it might not make any difference to loading FSX.
I have seen a problem before with CDs where some couldn't be read with newer faster CD readers but could be read with older slower models but when that happened you could stil use the computer and nothing was frozen. I have a feeling its in th eThinkVantage software somewhere, whether its some sort of security thing or not I don't know. Rapidly running out of ideas. One thing i stil have to do is check the second DVD drive in another computer. Maybe tomorrow.
The good news is that FS9 is running perfectly, good graphics, reasonable frame rates and everything turned up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

another guest wrote:

I don't have Nero installed, I do have Sonic Multimedia. Don't know if it's supposed to be specific to one dvd drive though. I've checked the discs for FSX in another computer and they appear ok although I aborted the installation as soon as I could confirm the dvd drive was reading the discs.
I am a bit reluctant to buy another dvd drive that might or might not work in this computer and even if it does, it might not make any difference to loading FSX.
I have seen a problem before with CDs where some couldn't be read with newer faster CD readers but could be read with older slower models but when that happened you could stil use the computer and nothing was frozen. I have a feeling its in th eThinkVantage software somewhere, whether its some sort of security thing or not I don't know. Rapidly running out of ideas. One thing i stil have to do is check the second DVD drive in another computer. Maybe tomorrow.
The good news is that FS9 is running perfectly, good graphics, reasonable frame rates and everything turned up.

We have found that a number of programs can stop the installing of FSX, try all you can until you hit on the right one.

Radar

another guest Guest

All in al I think I would rather have Sonic Multimedia than FSX. For the time being I'll keep using FS9 and see what appears over the next few weeks. However, thanks to all for ideas and pointing me in the right directions.

Itsheavyonmymind Guest

Hey,

For what it is worth, I can add myself to the list of those with problems. While I do not have an incredible computer (thinkpad t60; 1gig memory and 2.0ghz processor), I certainly have the dvd drive. The system hangs up upon insertion of the dvd, regardless the method I try (my computer, windows program adder, etc).

I tried emailing microsoft, but I do not hae the product id (being I cannot get into the program). Phone attempts also have not been that great (I"m not happy with the customer service).

Any help is surely appreciated.

~Marco

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Itsheavyonmymind wrote:

Hey,

For what it is worth, I can add myself to the list of those with problems. While I do not have an incredible computer (thinkpad t60; 1gig memory and 2.0ghz processor), I certainly have the dvd drive. The system hangs up upon insertion of the dvd, regardless the method I try (my computer, windows program adder, etc).

I tried emailing microsoft, but I do not hae the product id (being I cannot get into the program). Phone attempts also have not been that great (I"m not happy with the customer service).

Any help is surely appreciated.

~Marco

The key number is in the DVD case, did you uninstall your burner software.
Try loading it in safe mode.

Radar

Itsheavyonmymind Guest

I tried the key code in the box, but apparently that was not what they wanted 😕

I will try safe mode now though.

Thanks!

Pro Member Trainee
TJT Trainee

What's Nero? I don't think I have it installed but don't know what it is.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

TJT wrote:

What's Nero? I don't think I have it installed but don't know what it is.

Nero and Roxio are the most popular burner software.
Nero usualy comes with the burner when you get it, OEM or buy it on your own.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

Just want to add myself to the "I'm having a problem installing FSX" list.

This is my specific issue:

I can start the install and everything seems to be fine until it's time to load the 2nd DVD. Once I put in the 2nd DVD it begins to installer like it's starting from the beginning. Then i will get error code 1607 ( or something like that) and then i'm screwed. It will not continue and the only options i have is to quit. When i look at my C drive i notice that everything from DVD #1 installed, but obviously won't work since the download was not completed.

I have used the reboot sequence so that all services are off once i reboot. I do have Nero installed, but it's not running anywhere in the background. This has never been an issue with any games. BUT, i have only had a CD burner in my PC since purchased new. I just bought a DVD-only player so that i could play this game and nothing's working. I've played DVD movies so i know that it works fine. I'm at my wits-end and I don't know what to do. It's obvious i can't take it back and i don't want my money back. I just want to be able to load up this game and play it.

My specs are as follows:

P4 2.4gHz, 640megs ram pc-2100

Oh yeah, the CDRW has been disconnected and the DVD player is now acting as the Master unit. Still the same problem. Dunno what to do as finding what's holding up the install. I know it's gotta be something, but can't put my finger on it.

Is it possible to copy the CD to hard-drive and then install from my C: drive? If so, how?

kollegedude Guest

I have the same problem, I can not install CD number 2. I have spent $1300 with the latest Dual core, Nivda Geforce 7950 GS OC, upgrades and still. When I insert Disk number 2, the message reappears to "INSERT DISK 2". I tried at least 200 times and still nothing, and sometimes get the blue screen. I installed this game on other computers, and it went through fine. Microsoft told me that it is my computer, but whats weird is that I can install Halo, Microsoft flight 2004, Generals, Real War on the upgrade computer. So, it is just this game, dunno, maybe we got the corrupted version. I should ask Microsoft to send me a replacement to see if that will help.

By the way, I tried doing the copying from the CD to the drive, and got the blue screen.

raven69david wrote:

Just want to add myself to the "I'm having a problem installing FSX" list.

This is my specific issue:

I can start the install and everything seems to be fine until it's time to load the 2nd DVD. Once I put in the 2nd DVD it begins to installer like it's starting from the beginning. Then i will get error code 1607 ( or something like that) and then i'm screwed. It will not continue and the only options i have is to quit. When i look at my C drive i notice that everything from DVD #1 installed, but obviously won't work since the download was not completed.

I have used the reboot sequence so that all services are off once i reboot. I do have Nero installed, but it's not running anywhere in the background. This has never been an issue with any games. BUT, i have only had a CD burner in my PC since purchased new. I just bought a DVD-only player so that i could play this game and nothing's working. I've played DVD movies so i know that it works fine. I'm at my wits-end and I don't know what to do. It's obvious i can't take it back and i don't want my money back. I just want to be able to load up this game and play it.

My specs are as follows:

P4 2.4gHz, 640megs ram pc-2100

Oh yeah, the CDRW has been disconnected and the DVD player is now acting as the Master unit. Still the same problem. Dunno what to do as finding what's holding up the install. I know it's gotta be something, but can't put my finger on it.

Is it possible to copy the CD to hard-drive and then install from my C: drive? If so, how?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Do you have Norton Antivirus running while you're trying to install?

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

I have deleted Nero and Norton completely and still the same results...it dies while swapping disk #1 to disk #2.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Be sure to have SP2 installed and all Windows updates.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Be sure to have SP2 installed and all Windows updates.

Radar

That's a BIG 10-4. I have all of that. I'm freaking out over here. I've never been stumped like this before. Mad

I'm sure they're having a nightmare with all the calls. They just should have put it so that standard CD roms could read the disks. That'll teach them....hopefully.

KollegeDude Guest

All updates are installed, antivirus is off (Mcafee). Believe microsoft should get sued for false advertisment here.

another guest Guest

I still think, where the problem is with the first disc locking up the computer as soon as it's inserted, i with the Thinkcentre/Thinkpad operating systems. I have xp home, all fully up to date, no real unusual software installed, the recurring theread seems to be its happening with IBM thinkcentre or thinkpad computers.

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

another guest wrote:

the recurring theread seems to be its happening with IBM thinkcentre or thinkpad computers.

I have a Dell. This problem is not linked to any specific brand of computers. There's something we have to collectively look at and see what we all have in common that is installed on our computers that's preventing us from successfully installing the game.

another guest Guest

Thank you Raven69David. You may have saved me from running blindly up the wrong road. Unfortunatly I haven't a clue which way to go now...
One thing I dont really know is whether we are having the same problem or not. Your problem seems to be with the second disc running amock, whereas ours is that the first disc locks up the system. Is it the discs themselves or the coding on them. If its the quality or whatever of the discs then we have the same problem. If its the coding on the discs then it must be two different problems occuring with different coding at different stages of installation. Hope this makes sense to someone but it's hurting me head....

Ok, i had a lot of problems trying to install FSX, got all sorts of errors, the only way i could get it to install was to copy the dvd's to a folder on the desktop and install it from there. But then it wouldn't run, say's it's missing some program files. Here's what i done to fix it. I took the computer up to the local fix it man, he tried to install FSX on a shop computer, it worked perfectly. Then he put in a new DVD burner in my computer (as my old one was only a player, and 18 months old) and it installed without any problems. So if all else fails, try that. Hope it helps, I know what it's like trying to get it to go, i spent 2 weeks trying all sorts of things. 😂

Pro Member Trainee
TJT Trainee

Has anyone had an answer from Microsoft on this?

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

Updating all posts regarding this issue, i took my game back and exchanged it for another one. It NOW installs the 2nd disc. I get all the way to the end and then it says that the installer could not complete the install. At least i've solved the problem of getting the 2nd disc to install. So the answer would be to take it back if your setup fails while at the "insert disc #2" screen.

Pro Member Trainee
TJT Trainee

I also returned my copy and exchanged it for another Deluxe copy. Just to be safe I also bought the standard version. Neither one installs so I now have two unusable copies, one deluxe and one standard. I guess I'll give them to two people for Christmas and wait until Microsoft figures out this problem.

I wonder if Bill Gates plays this game. I'll bet it's not on a Thinkpad.

allex Guest

i have downloaded flight sim x . Its on 2 dvd . each dvd has about 100 files and every file is about 48mb. if someone downloaded the same as me can u tell me how to install it?please

Pro Member Trainee
raven69david Trainee

My problem is finally solved, however it cost me all my data which i hadn't backed up. Turns out i needed a clean install of XP. Did it, lost all my data, but at least i was able to completely install Flight Sim X. WOO HOO!!!

Josh7501 Guest

I have the same thing with disk 2. I payed for a computer guy to come over and he could not fix the problem. He told me we should all keep are eyes open for somone to put forth a class action law suit and we should all get in on it and it should not cost us a penny to do so . Anyways if anyone hears anything email me at artamr9719@earthlink.net

Bzhpq Guest

I had the same install freeze problem with a Thinkcenter.
I finally was able to install FSX. I did two things roughly at the same time so I'm not sure which one solved the problem.
-Disable/stop DLA by Sonic (DLACTRLW.EXE). Either in Windows Defender or the registry, then reboot.
-On the FSX DVD, executed "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe". This looks like a patch.
After both FSX installed properly (and I did remove FS2004 before).

another guest Guest

Think that might be the aswers(s). Unfortunately I don't have Windows Defender installed. Can anyone give me, or point me to an idiots guide to disabling DLA by Sonic (DLACTRLW.EXE) using the regisry so I can get it working again after fsx is installed? I got to admit that when it comes to the registry, I'm not the brightest light on the christmas tree. I have discovered that it wont stop running if you try to use Windows Task Manager, which is about my usual limit of expertise.

Hi folks - so glad to find a place where I too might find some resolution.

I am the same. System cannot read CD2 and hangs waiting for me to insert the CD.

Meet all the memory requirements, system requirements etc (3.1GHz, 4GB RAM, 512MB video card, 1.1TB hard drive etc)

I must say this is appalling on behalf of Microsoft. They've made their products so completely and utterly complex that as an advanced user I am stuck. How on earth (pardon the pun) would the "average" user cope with trying to get any support from MS.

Anyway, enough rant. Does anyone have any idea how we can install this beast?

Rgds

Matthew

Only me Guest

when i insert dvd 1 the computer stops(hangs). One friend have just the same problem. It is really boring that it wont install. i've tried with an older computer and it worked perfect. so i dont understand why this is happening,

please, anyone help me with this problem. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Only me wrote:

when i insert dvd 1 the computer stops(hangs). One friend have just the same problem. It is really boring that it wont install. i've tried with an older computer and it worked perfect. so i dont understand why this is happening,

please, anyone help me with this problem. 😕

Get all the Windows update including SP2, delete Nero software and defrag.
Then reboot, disable your anti virus and try to load it.

Radar

Toultyme Guest

Hello friends, I purchased FSX deluxe on Wed. Stuck it in the AOpen duallayer burner and nothing in Windows Explorer on that drive. No lockup like some of you mentioned, but also no message that disc not present. No autoplay. Eventually Explorer defaulted to the next available folder. My rig is an AMD AthlonXP 2500+, Barton core, 1.83 GHz 512MB, No overclocking yet..lol Geforce6200ocAGP256mb, Dual 19" widescreen LCD's, a brand new 200Gb SATA and a fresh XPPro SP2 install. Ok, and a SB Audigy for noise. Not much of a machine by today's standards. I took the disc out and put it in my other machine with a Pentium 4 2.53 MHz,512ram. This machine had an older DVD/CD-ROM only player in it. The thing loaded and started installing, which I stopped as soon as I could, so I figured my dvd burner was hooped, purchased a Sony 8.5GB, $75 at walmart ...Canadian..Alberta...Cold.. Sorry,,, anyway new drive was a disappointment even after a Nero install and all that. But at least now I could see one .txt file. It said the file system was that UDF type. I thought about it all day today and decided I had some codec's to install that were installed on the other machine some time ago. The name of the program I installed was microsoft windows media Encoder 9 Series. I recalled I had to have this to run some downloaded .avi files in Windows Media player awhile ago, which is maybe why this new install didn't have it even though I now have Media Player 10, go figure. Once Encoder was installed and after a cold reboot Explorer seen the whole disc and setup was initiated and completed, both discs, at the moment FSX is minimized as I tell you guys this story. Oh, I opened encoder once but it looks like I don't have time to learn that right now so I closed it, then did the reboot. Was also surprised windows never prompted for a reboot... Happy flying... L8r

I had the same problem described here (well, one of the problems) - where the whole thing hangs as soon as one inserts the DVD into the drive.
Here's what the problem was in my case - DLA, the feature that allows burning of CD/DVDs by simply dragging the files over. Didn't have to uninstall anything, just disable DLA for that drive. Go to My Computer, right-click on your DVD drive (make sure FSX is not in it, b/c that will freeze again) and uncheck DLA under DLA tab.
If you don't have this, and still having the issue, it is likely that there is another program/service with similar functionality (that wants to analyze the disc in some way when it's inserted)...
Hopefully this helps at least some of you.

Anonymous wrote:

I had the same problem described here (well, one of the problems) - where the whole thing hangs as soon as one inserts the DVD into the drive.
Here's what the problem was in my case - DLA, the feature that allows burning of CD/DVDs by simply dragging the files over. Didn't have to uninstall anything, just disable DLA for that drive. Go to My Computer, right-click on your DVD drive (make sure FSX is not in it, b/c that will freeze again) and uncheck DLA under DLA tab.
If you don't have this, and still having the issue, it is likely that there is another program/service with similar functionality (that wants to analyze the disc in some way when it's inserted)...

Thanks, you've saved my Christmas. I was given fsx, every time I tried to install it woult lock up my computer. I had just about given up until I happened to Google onto this site. Your solution fixed it.

I am another who can't install FSX. It doesn't even show as being inserted in my drive TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E but loads fine on my son's computer.
I have a Dell DIM8300 my son has a Dell DIM4550.
I've tried all the things suggested on here so far eg disabling Sonic DLA {I have Sonic MyDVD Studio Deluxe Suite installed}and installing in Safe Mode to no avail.
I thought about buying a new 'DVD ROM only' drive to replace my top drive a Samsung CD-ROM SC-148A but I see someone has already posted a problem on here {I thought it was just DVD-RW drives that were a problem}.
I 'll have to make do with FS9 till this is sorted!

My specs;
Dimension 8300
3.0GHz Pentium 4 HT 800 bus
3GB dual channel DDR 400 RAM
2x 120GB IDE Hard Drives
AGP 8x
512MB ATI Radeon X1600 Pro graphics card
19" and 17" Analogue flat panel monitor's
48xCD-Rom & 8x DVD+R\+RW
Dell A425 speakers with subwoofer
Integrated 5.1 audio {SoundMAX digital audio}
Dell Enhanced Multimedia keyboard
Optical 2btn scroll USB mouse Whl
Windows XP Home SP2
ADSL internet access up to 8Mb

BTW, Does FSX need the disc in order to play as I've thought about trying my son's optical drive in my computer as his loads the disc fine?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

BTW, Does FSX need the disc in order to play as I've thought about trying my son's optical drive in my computer as his loads the disc fine?

FSX does not need the disk, it has an activation code.

Radar

Anonymous wrote:

I am another who can't install FSX. It doesn't even show as being inserted in my drive TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E but loads fine on my son's computer.
I have a Dell DIM8300 my son has a Dell DIM4550.
I've tried all the things suggested on here so far eg disabling Sonic DLA {I have Sonic MyDVD Studio Deluxe Suite installed}and installing in Safe Mode to no avail.
I thought about buying a new 'DVD ROM only' drive to replace my top drive a Samsung CD-ROM SC-148A but I see someone has already posted a problem on here {I thought it was just DVD-RW drives that were a problem}.
I 'll have to make do with FS9 till this is sorted!

My specs;
Dimension 8300
3.0GHz Pentium 4 HT 800 bus
3GB dual channel DDR 400 RAM
2x 120GB IDE Hard Drives
AGP 8x
512MB ATI Radeon X1600 Pro graphics card
19" and 17" Analogue flat panel monitor's
48xCD-Rom & 8x DVD+R\+RW
Dell A425 speakers with subwoofer
Integrated 5.1 audio {SoundMAX digital audio}
Dell Enhanced Multimedia keyboard
Optical 2btn scroll USB mouse Whl
Windows XP Home SP2
ADSL internet access up to 8Mb

If this is of help to anyone I have now solved my installation problem above with MS Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition.
As the disc wouldn't load at all on my TEAC DVD RW optical drive 2, I have today purchased a LiteON DVD ROM drive to replace my CD ROM optical drive 1 and it now installs successfully Wink
The game is now activated and running....so far [fingers crossed]

Brad3425 Guest

I as well can not install FSX. I install disc 1 and it works and everything. then I insert disc 2, and it spins up a minute then tells me to insert disc 2 again...

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Please Crying or Very sad

anotherguest Guest

Anonymous wrote:

Well done, after many hours of tweaking and a few curses I'd about given up. The only thing was that DLA would not be disabled from the tab, but I went into 'Properties' and under a DLA tab you can uncheck the box. Unfortunately after all this time I can't seem to fing my activation code, so I'd maybe better have a seach of the place. In the half hour I was on FSX I got to say that although the grapphics and the panels were impressive I had a frame rate of 4.8fps, admitedly before defragging or closing un-needed software but in order to get a usable framerate I had to turn the graphics down to the most basic I've see in about 20 years. Remeinded me of a flightsim for the Commodore C64. Well better find this code and start tweaking. THANKS AGAIN "Guest"

Brad13425 Guest

Well, I talked to Microsoft customer service. They said that a LOT of people are having troubles with being able to install the second DVD. They said there are only two known solutions:

1. Make sure you have no virtual CD ROM's.

2. Make sure your adobe acrobat reader is 7.0 or higher.

Unfortunately, I made sure of both of these and i still wont work, so Microsoft gave me their refund phone number 😞

I had the same problem, and I founfd that if you open "control Panel" then click add/remove programs, and then click add, the computer should do the rest

You saved us and made this christmas present a true present! Thank you!

Anonymous wrote:

Tothetop Guest

I had the same problem. I desintalled all sonic program (Burner, data, etc) and guest what ? It's work!

Good luck 😀

TomJH Guest

Same problem here, but I got it working before reading about disabling DLA to get around the problem.

I tried to install FSX in Windows Safe Mode, but it did not allow it. I did however boot in safe mode and copied the DVD contents to a temporary directory on my hard drive. One file on the second DVD had a naming conflict, so I skipped it (it was a tiny file).

I removed the DVD and booted into normal windows and ran setup.exe (or was it DVDcheck.exe, sorry can't remember).

Hope this second work-around helps those that cannot get it working via the DLA solution.

Tom

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I hope that you guys are installing the FSX on a seperate hard drive.....cause if your system stalls or crashes and you have to re-install FSX.......

ooh boy. Embarassed

dashing Guest

Hi there,

Just to say I have a brand new computer top spec and am running a Microsoft operating system (XP SP2) and tried to install a microsoft game (FSX) to no avail. Stops at disk 2. Its a real shame as I was looking forward to playing it. Anyway I took it back to the shop and got my money back . I simply dont have time to mess around with it. I think microsoft should be thinking are they employing the right guys??!! I fly commercially for a living and if I produced results like this.....

Safe flying guys.

when i insert disk 1 it says that there is a 1607 error and wont install. This has annoyed me and i dont know what is happening or how to fix this.

Pro Member Trainee
flightmedic75 Trainee

dashing wrote:

Hi there,

Just to say I have a brand new computer top spec and am running a Microsoft operating system (XP SP2) and tried to install a microsoft game (FSX) to no avail. Stops at disk 2. Its a real shame as I was looking forward to playing it. Anyway I took it back to the shop and got my money back . I simply dont have time to mess around with it. I think microsoft should be thinking are they employing the right guys??!! I fly commercially for a living and if I produced results like this.....

Safe flying guys.

Well your lucky you got your money back I could only exchange but I finally got mine to run but its slow so I went back to the 2004 version and it works for me ok. MS need to get there act togather and I have to say I dont plan on buying another MS product till I see some action done on the FSX. By the way I live in vegas and man its cold here id rather be back in buffalo NY 🙂

James41 Guest

Fought for 2 days. Defrags, disk cleanup, ect. Had to do clean boot to get #1 disk to start. Then was able to download first disk. Next received problem with installing #2 disk. Kept saying install disk #2 run for 10 seconds and quit. Read info here about uninstalling intervideo. Ran install again after removing intervideo and all loaded ok. Now flying and smiling. Did not have to uninstall nero either. Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

ok wwhat could be is that, the dist is broken or not good for playing and installing, or you cd drive is CD not for dvd discks thats really importent check if you have a dvd drive.

I've tried all of the suggestions in this thread apart from uninstalling nero ... i've removed virtual drives and still get an error at the end of disk#2 after registering fonts i get an installer error. please help any suggestions would be really helpful 🙂

anybody figure out how to solve the "Insert Disk 2" problem?

Disk 1 looks to be almost the same as disk 2 when I explore the drive.

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same problem with not detecting the 1st DVD (it only makes repeating noises but no boot). I tried all (uninstalling Nero, Safe Mode, Clean Boot, no virtual drives...) and nothing. Then I read that disabling DLA works - BUT in Vista there is not any option like DLA Tab!

Did anybody find out how to deal with that problem in Vista?

After buying the computer & the game and not being able to install, I feel like jumping out of the window - it would not help but I would fly at least for a while...

Thanks!

Milan

call microsoft help line. you can speak to a real person. he will solve the problem for you

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same problem with not detecting the 1st DVD (it only makes repeating noises but no boot). I tried all (uninstalling Nero, Safe Mode, Clean Boot, no virtual drives...) and nothing. Then I read that disabling DLA works - BUT in Vista there is not any option like DLA Tab!

Did anybody find out how to deal with that problem in Vista?

After buying the computer & the game and not being able to install, I feel like jumping out of the window - it would not help but I would fly at least for a while...

Thanks!

Milan

Not enough known about Vista yet.

Try this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932849

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
stewart1 Trainee

hi all i have had the same problem not being able to get disk 2 to run i kept trying but still could not get it to run ,
so this is what i had to do i put disk 1 into my dvd drive and give a right click of my mouse and made a power iso image and did the same with disk 2 and made a power iso image ,
once i had dvd 1 and dvd 2 iso image i created a folder in my documents extracted the files from dvd1 to the new folder .
then i made a nother folder and extracted all the files from dvd 2 into the folder .
once you have done this open the first folder and the second folder on your desk top and move all the files from the second folder into the first folder you will get a message do you want to replace these files do that when you have finised you will just have one folder .
when you have the folder open just click on the dvd check symbol and flight sim x will start running it will go right through installing and putting the symbol onto your desk top and you will be away ,
i have done this myself and fsx works fine best of luck regards stewart .

I'm having problems downloading Fsx, i put the disk in and start the setup, but then when it comes to Microsoft visual C++ 2005, it shows me error 1935 then rolls back.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I'm having problems downloading Fsx, i put the disk in and start the setup, but then when it comes to Microsoft visual C++ 2005, it shows me error 1935 then rolls back.

If you are having problems DOWNLOADING FSX, then you are doing it wrong.... and illegally.

It's about 29 dollars now... right?

😳 i have the same problem it dosen't even begin to download

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

GundamWZero wrote:

If you are having problems DOWNLOADING FSX, then you are doing it wrong.... and illegally.

...not necessarily Gundam - Downloading / Loading / Installing / Running / Uninstalling / Deleting are terms even some Moderators haven't come to grips with yet 😳

Hack 😛

GUEST POST Guest

U SAID THAT U HEAR A DISK TURN BUT IT STOPS AFTER A WHILE IT HAPPENS DUE TO UR LOW SPEED CD/DVD ROM DRIVE TRY TO CHANGE UR DVD/CD ROM WITH A HIGH SPEED ONE

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...