how do i get planes on fsx

Pro Member Trainee
bxscrewdriver Trainee

after downloading a plane how do i get it on FSX i don't see a aircraft folder like fs2004

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Rob (resmeyer) Trainee

bxscrewdriver wrote:

after downloading a plane how do i get it on FSX i don't see a aircraft folder like fs2004

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\Microsoft Flight Simulator x\SimObjects\Airplanes\
But remember that Airplanes from Flight Simulator 2004 not work corect.

Only a Hint 😉
Let me know if you any luck. Write to robentertainer@chello.nl
Rob Ecklestone from Holland.

Pro Member Trainee
The_Finman Trainee

Not sure if this will help you, but it may give you an idea of the framework involved. 🙂

I was trying to install PMDG's Beechcraft 1900C for FS 2004 on to FSX and I failed miserably. Then I found these conversion instructions that showed me where I went wrong. Maybe they can help you also.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/23519/pmdg-beechcraft-1900c-d-for-fsx/

Anyway, good luck. 🙂

JSMITH13 Guest

Can you even put FS2004 planes on to FSX? Because I downloaded some planes for FSX but they were for FS2004 and I dont know if downloaded them wrong or if they wont even work because thare ment for FS2004?

Can someone please help me answer that question?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JSMITH13 wrote:

Can you even put FS2004 planes on to FSX? Because I downloaded some planes for FSX but they were for FS2004 and I dont know if downloaded them wrong or if they wont even work because thare ment for FS2004?

Can someone please help me answer that question?

Put them were resmeyer said.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/ 2004 tutorial.

The gauges are a problem with most.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

I Usually Extract the aircraft to somewhere like the desktop first, then open the extracted aircraft folder, becuase sometimes there is more than one folder before the Actual Aircraft Folder. Then paste the Actual Aircraft folder to where resmeyer Said.

Hope this makes sense... Embarassed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...