menu bar?

IFLYSTUFF Guest

i remember in fs2002, when u press alt in the middle of flight, the menu bar would show up, and the game screen wouldnt resize itself. in other words the menu bar would just show up on top of ur game overlapping it. in fs2004 i noticed when i press alt, the game screen has to squeeze itself so that the menu bar fits. my computer isnt that great so this causes it to kind of freeze for a second. is there a way around this? sorry if its hard to understand i cant really explain it well.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

IFLYSTUFF wrote:

i remember in fs2002, when u press alt in the middle of flight, the menu bar would show up, and the game screen wouldnt resize itself. in other words the menu bar would just show up on top of ur game overlapping it. in fs2004 i noticed when i press alt, the game screen has to squeeze itself so that the menu bar fits. my computer isnt that great so this causes it to kind of freeze for a second. is there a way around this? sorry if its hard to understand i cant really explain it well.

It's probably your video card being old.
At least it works, if you get a new machine later on it'll perform better.

Radar

budsie175 Guest

BTW: Is there any way to keep the menu bar up there all the time?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

budsie175 wrote:

BTW: Is there any way to keep the menu bar up there all the time?

Alt or Alt +Enter, I forget which. Set it in window mode and you'll get better FPS and graphics.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

If you press ALT,the menu bar will appear(i'm assuming you are currently using Full Screen mode), then go to views, you will see "full screen". By clicking this you can get or remove the menu bar.

Pro Member Trainee
Steve (OldBob) Trainee

I found the Alt key to hide or show the menu bar. Is there a specific file or files that NEWLY downloaded aircraft have (other than the ones provided by FSX) that allow for moving around the cockpit with the hat switch? I have downloaded 3 additional aircraft, but the Virtual Cockpit view is as if I am sitting on the nose of the airplane.

Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

Try preesing AltGr, works for me

Pro Member First Officer
Pete (pdegraff) First Officer

I know my gross ignorance is showing, but please: What is "Gr" or "AltGr"? I do not have any key on my (standard) keyboard that resembles "Gr".
Please explain....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...