How Do I install Aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
mrgoodweather Trainee

ok im computer illiterate! how do i download new planes to fx? keep in mind im a dope when it comes to this thanks in advance for the help

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Use the read-me that came with the aircraft and follow this.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

The only change in this is that the aircraft folder is now in the folder marked simobjects.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mrgoodweather Trainee

thanks radar

Pro Member Trainee
Dexter58 Trainee

I'm not much with computers either, but the instructions are pretty clear. I down loaded two and had to go back to the instructions to complete other steps, but they both work great..

Pro Member Trainee
frenchieak2 Trainee

Are the instructions the same for both FS9 and FSX???

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

frenchieak2 wrote:

Are the instructions the same for both FS9 and FSX???

Yes, with the new exception of the simobjects folder into the mix.

Radar

Irishman Guest

Anytime I have to edit the config file, the aircraft paints are blurry. Am I doing something wrong or is this a settings issue?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Irishman wrote:

Anytime I have to edit the config file, the aircraft paints are blurry. Am I doing something wrong or is this a settings issue?

The settings in your video card control panel.
Set the AA, AF and Mip-Map in there.

Radar

Irishman Guest

RadarMan wrote:

Irishman wrote:

The settings in your video card control panel.
Set the AA, AF and Mip-Map in there.

Radar

Thank you.

Pro Member Trainee
AngelT Trainee

I have followed your instruction but my Cessna 206, downloaded from this site, does not show in the selection screen. I have Windows Vista and FSX. Help, please, thanks

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

THANKS ALOT MATE YOUR JUST A BIG HELP !

Pro Member Trainee
mathewhadley Trainee

Adding aircraft into all Flight Simulators is very easy. The same basic method has applied since the dawn of ... FS .. and FSX is not different.

1. Download aircraft from the Net
2. Unzip the file into a Temp folder on your PC
3. Move the Correct folder into the correct location in the FSX Directory

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...