Important: How do you open cargo doors?

Qantas_Legend Guest

How do you do this?

Can you actually get people actually putting cargo in the plane?

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

I would like to know how to do this too. I was flying a United Airlines 747-400 and as I was taxing from my gate, I noticed that my cargo door was open!!!! I don't know what I did to get them open, but I couldn't get them closed. All I know how to do is open the passenger doors. Embarassed

Same for me dude

does anyone know how to open the cargo doors?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
Qantas_here_I_come Trainee

that guy stole part of my name
Nope

Pro Member Captain

OKAY....IF THIS ISN'T ALREADY KNOWN, PLEASE MAKE A STICKY!!!

(This isn't in the Key Commands, so you might want to write this down🙂

To open the cargo doors hit SHIFT+E to open main doors, then press the #2 key to open the cargo doors and ground teams!!!

However

This doesn't work on all aircrafts! I have downloaded the United Airlines 747-400 and the cargo doors worked!! I guess it is up to the creators of the aircrafts, i don't know. Here are some screen shots:

I hope that this helps some of you guys......

(edit: I had to change CTRL+E to SHIFT+E to open main doors)

Australia rules....QANTAS Guest

Im having the smae preblem but with the jetway also. So please hel pme!

Australia rules....QANTAS wrote:

Im having the smae preblem but with the jetway also. So please hel pme!

me 2

Pro Member Trainee
Chris Gomm (Gommy) Trainee

Ctrl+J brings the jetway to your aircraft

Shift+E (then release) and press 2 straight after opens your cargo hold doors and automatically calls your baggage & catering truck to your aircraft.

Works with all default Jets for sure but not with all add-on aircraft as mentioned.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

yea

Gommy wrote:

Shift+E (then release) and press 2 straight after opens your cargo hold doors and automatically calls your baggage & catering truck to your aircraft.

Works with all default Jets for sure but not with all add-on aircraft as mentioned.

i still cant get that to work and does it even work on the crj 700 and the lear jet since they both have those fold out steps for the door

Aer Lingus Guest

i was wondering how do u open the doors on the Airbus 321 thanks could u reply to my email stephendoyle1@hotmail.com

Pro Member Trainee
Chris Gomm (Gommy) Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

Gommy wrote:

i still cant get that to work and does it even work on the crj 700 and the lear jet since they both have those fold out steps for the door

Yes this does work with the CRJ-700. Sorry, i should have said 'Commercial' default jets as i believe the Learjet (like many exec. jets) would store baggage etc. within the main cabin, so this feature does not apply to the Learjet.

BTS44 Guest

[quote] How do you get your flight sim X gam to be like the real thing... every time i start a session im already at the run way? what do i do? also how do i open the cabin/ passanger doors? thanks[/quote]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BTS44 wrote:

How do you get your flight sim X gam to be like the real thing... every time i start a session im already at the run way? what do i do? also how do i open the cabin/ passanger doors? thanks

Question 1
To save a flight hit the ;
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22007/cold-and-dark-cockpit/

Question 2
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1333/fsx-controls-keyboard-commands/

Radar

BTS44 Guest

But how do i accaully get it realistic, like starting at the gate instead of just randomly starting at the run way and all that. I saw on youtube that the lear 45 passneger doors open, but cant figure out how the hell t do it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BTS44 wrote:

But how do i accaully get it realistic, like starting at the gate instead of just randomly starting at the run way and all that. I saw on youtube that the lear 45 passneger doors open, but cant figure out how the hell t do it.

Taxi to the gate and save that as your default flight.
When ever you launch the sim it'll be whatever aircraft you saved at the gate, you can go into the toolbar at the top and change the aicraft.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

For those who are getting the cargo doors to open, but not able to get the equipment and luggage trucks to come to the plane, here is what you do...

You MAKE SURE THE ENGINES ARE OFF!!! LOL.... the trucks will not pull behind a running THRUST engine! 🙂 Or else your baggage would be all over the airport.

Pull up to the gate, push Shift+E to open the main door... then CTRL+J to move the jetway into place... then push Shift+E then number 2 quickly and the cargo holds will open, then turn off the engines and they will move into place... of course, make sure you pulled up to a gate that has this equipment already waiting... if you pull to an empty gate, no one will come...

Also, you must make sure you Advance Animations are enabled to make this happen.

bradpl6 Guest

how do i open the passenger doors[/quote]

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

SHIFT + E opens passenger doors and if you use SHI|FT + |E then 2 the cargo doors open on aircarft that have them. |WHay I cant get is the flippijg Jetway! I park on the yellow line, shut everything down, open the doors and call for the Jetway CNTRL J. I have the customs set to advanced animation...but nothing. I park where the tower tells me, so I guess I am on the correct side to get the jetway

Pro Member Captain

jellrod wrote:

SHIFT + E opens passenger doors and if you use SHI|FT + |E then 2 the cargo doors open on aircarft that have them. |WHay I cant get is the flippijg Jetway! I park on the yellow line, shut everything down, open the doors and call for the Jetway CNTRL J. I have the customs set to advanced animation...but nothing. I park where the tower tells me, so I guess I am on the correct side to get the jetway

If you are using a addon aircraft, chances are that the aircraft will not come with that function incorporated into the file , especially if it is a FS 2004 aircraft.

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

Nope - using the type that came with FSX. I don't even SEE a jetway, and I've landed at Heathrow, LAX, the big ones....I have advanced animations on, and I've even set my options to MAX HIGH on everything (The frame rate goes in the tank, let me tell you) and still don't see a jetway. I have the Standard version, so is jetways only in the deluxe?

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

It's great to see interest in the more intricate aspects of flight simulators like opening cargo doors. In Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX), opening cargo doors can be done using the assigned key command. The default key command for opening and closing the cargo doors is Shift + E + 2. To open the main door, you would simply use Shift + E. Keep in mind, these key commands can be customized in the settings menu under 'Controls' if you'd like to change them.

As for your second question, while you won't be able to see people physically loading cargo onto the aircraft in FSX, you can manage your payload in the aircraft's settings. To access this, go to the top menu bar, click on Aircraft, and then select Fuel and Payload. Here, you can adjust the weight and distribution of your cargo, which will have an impact on the aircraft's performance.

While this feature is not as immersive as watching the cargo loading process, it does provide an important aspect of realism and allows you to consider the payload when planning your flights. Additionally, there are third-party addons that can further enhance the realism of the cargo loading process by simulating the entire ground operation experience.

In the newer Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, the process of opening cargo doors is similar. You can assign key commands to open and close doors through the 'Controls' settings menu. MSFS 2020 also allows you to manage your payload through the 'Weight & Balance' menu in the aircraft customization section before starting your flight.

Again, while you won't see people physically loading cargo in the base MSFS 2020, there are third-party addons that can provide a more realistic ground operations experience, including the cargo loading process.

I hope this information helps you better understand how to open cargo doors and manage your aircraft's payload in both FSX and MSFS 2020. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Safe flights and happy landings!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...