FSX Hangs Duriing Startup

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Well, the curse continues.....

I had to reinstall FSX because I overclocked the computer a little too much and it crashed. Now everytime I start up FSX, I am just stuck at the FSX startup screen. Also, it is gobbling up a lot of processing resources during startup, something it never did before. So, it looks like I will have to change the cpu to determine if its the problem. If it still hang with a new cpu, then it is definitely the software and I will have to wait till Microsoft Games find a way to fix the bugs.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Why don't you do a clean install of Windows, all the updates and start fresh.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

As much as I hate to do that, I'll try that first. Thank goodness I have multiple harddrives.

Pro Member Captain

I have finally fixed FSX!!!!

AND ITS FAST!!!!!

WITH DECENT GRAPHICS!!!!! 😳

Get a pen......cause I am dishing out the recipe:

Scenery Settings:

Radius Detail - Large
Mesh Complexity - 75
Mesh Resolution - 38m
Texture Resolution - 60m
Water effects - Max

(this is almost the default settings, I adjusted the texture a little)

Weather Settings:

Global Settings - High
Thermals - Natural

Traffic:

Airline Traffic: 50%
General Aviation Traffic - 50%
Airport Density - Medium
Land and Sea Traffic - All settings are at 47%

You can increase or decrease from these settings to your likeness, but keep in mind that if you increase the traffic density (i.e. autos, boats, or aircraft, you'll lose FPS due to the AI movements of the traffic.)

This is fast on a system that isn't overclocked and the graphics are great!! When I get a faster processor, then I'll max out all settings.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...