Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Airspeed Indicator Problems-Stops Working

Help!

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:52 pm 

Hi,

Basically when I am taxiing and taking off the speed indicator works fine. When im in the air and engage autopilot, it says I am travelling at 0. I have the heading, altitude, speed indicators all on for autopilot. I engage the autopilot by pressing Z and this is when it stopped working.

I tried a flight by pressing the autopilot on switch with the mouse. The speed did work. I then turned everything off for the landing using the mouse also. When I did this the speed indicator sometimes worked sometimes didnt. Its really annoying as im landing not knowing my speed! As far as I know there isnt anything in the options saying for me to have faults on it.

Has anybody got any help for me?!?! Thanks very much.

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:52 pm 

I have now just changed the airspeed from indicated to true. It does now say how fast im going but the autopilot is unabe to keep the speed, I have to do it manually.

During all this problem I have had the weather to snow, so im thinking would this be a common problem for the indicated airspeed? As it takes temperature into account?

Cheers once again
captainsimon
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:53 pm 

Turn on the PITOT heat.
x pilot

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:28 pm 

when its cold and freezing ice form over the pitot tube blocking air from going through the hole and through the system to give the instrument a reading, air is what makes the needle move...

as with your question answered turn on the pitot heat and see it the indicator move....

SOP to have this on when in jets or flying high or in cold conditions

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:13 pm 

Thanks very much, im flying the 747, and its Shift+H to turn the pitot heat on or off, however I acnt seem to seen an indicator telling me whther it is infact on or off?
x pilot

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:04 pm 

find the pitot heat or de icing switch in the cockpit and see that postion its in
Charlie10
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:20 pm 

I dowloaded a Piper Arrow that had a blank airpspeed indidcator. I flew in without a problem - of course I've flown and landed real airplanes with the airspeed indicator covered. A TIP - if your airspeed indicator goes out, you have ground speed on your GPS. Remeber, however, it is ground speed. It's nice to know your ground speed on an approach.

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum