Would this be good?

axflyer Guest

Would this be a good computer to run FSX?
(getting this staright from the magazine)
Intel Quad Core Qx6700
2gb geil pc6400 RAM
Gigabyte 965dq6 board
nvidia 8800gtx sli graphics card with 768M onboard

well?

thanks

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
b3mmredm Trainee

Don't get quard core, get Core 2 Extreme (2 x 2.93GHz), id try and get 4 gigs of ram but other that that, good mother board and good DX10 Graphic Card.

Edit: I just noticed that your getting a SLi Graphic Card. I have a feeling that FSX doesn't support SLi. Lets jus see if you gat another reply and see if im correct.

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

b3mmredm wrote:

Edit: I just noticed that your getting a SLi Graphic Card. I have a feeling that FSX doesn't support SLi. Lets jus see if you gat another reply and see if im correct.

You are right, FSX doesn't support SLi or DX10 but that functionality can be enabled when the FSX team bring out a patch. As of now, it is disabled.

axflyer Guest

Well thanks guys. Atleast here I can get helpful and nice answers. I posted the exact same post on another gaming website and practically everyone bagged me saying "You're dumb , because thats an awesome computer". Jeez, they don't stop to think maybe I'm not a computer wizz like them.

Once again thanks for the replies

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...