I need help to set up 3 monitors!

Hi all,

My name is Phi, I'm from Vietnam. Since I was a child, I always wanted to be a real pilot, unfortunately, I'm very short, weak body, and most of all, very stupid at Math 😛

So I find FSX is the only answer to make my dream comes true, yes it is, I can say that now.

I have saved a lot of money to build my computer, it's the best system I have so far,

Power Supply 700 W
2 x 1 GB Cossair
Asus Crosshair Mainboard
AMD 5200
640 MB 8800 VGA Card
500 GB HDD
22 inches LCD Screen,

I have even been working with a friend of mine to build a real cockpit made by wood (Boeing 747), then we will paint it and make it look like a real cockpit, I will post lots of photos to show you guys when we finish this project,

Right now, I'm having a problem and I need your help, I'm planning to buy another 2 monitors ( same model), could you please help to show me in details how to make 3 monitors that look like I'm sitting in a real cockpit?

I really appreaciate your time helping me, I will post many photos on what I have done and show you my simulation cockpit when it's done.

Thank you so much again,

Phi

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

My name is Phi, I'm from Vietnam. Since I was a child, I always wanted to be a real pilot, unfortunately, I'm very short, weak body, and most of all, very stupid at Math 😛

So I find FSX is the only answer to make my dream comes true, yes it is, I can say that now.

I have saved a lot of money to build my computer, it's the best system I have so far,

Power Supply 700 W
2 x 1 GB Cossair
Asus Crosshair Mainboard
AMD 5200
640 MB 8800 VGA Card
500 GB HDD
22 inches LCD Screen,

I have even been working with a friend of mine to build a real cockpit made by wood (Boeing 747), then we will paint it and make it look like a real cockpit, I will post lots of photos to show you guys when we finish this project,

Right now, I'm having a problem and I need your help, I'm planning to buy another 2 monitors ( same model), could you please help to show me in details how to make 3 monitors that look like I'm sitting in a real cockpit?

I really appreaciate your time helping me, I will post many photos on what I have done and show you my simulation cockpit when it's done.

Thank you so much again,

Phi

You are going to need a lot more than that to do what I just saw!!!! For starters, you are going to need a good dual or quad processor. And that isn't even scratching the surface. You are going to need two video cards, the ones with DVI and AGP (and if you are lucky to get it to work, s-video) outputs. So with two of those types of cards, you can have four screens operational. Three video cards will get you six screens. But you are going to need a serious power supply.

FIS Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Wideview
http://www.wideview.it/wideview.htm

This software is not capable to make WIDE VIEW on SINGLE computer. I need wide virtual cockpit on three monitors - these monitors are connected to two video cards in dual-view mode. I dont want to switch it to span mode! I hate wide start panel and it is not good reason for other applications and woole windows system.
It is not possible to create panoramic view by default MSFS2004 camera settings (and i think that this is not possible in FSX too) - in other words: its not possible to create three independent views by pressing "[" key, set it to virtual cockpit and align it to one panoramic view.

first, open the view in the left most monitor, then drag the right corner across all three monitors.

FIS Guest

When i make this, most left monitor is ok but window area on next two is black and FPS is going rapidly down 😞

FIS Guest

FIS wrote:

When i make this, most left monitor is ok but window area on next two is black and FPS is going rapidly down 😞

No... FPS is good, but size of rendered area, when i am resizing window, stops at 1280 pixels. Rest part of window stays black. When i move window, i can see part of rendered image on other (all) monitors so there is no problem. Why i cant resize whoole image through all monitors? Does somebody knows?

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

Don't give up so quick. When I was an airline pilot I flew with female captains that were probably no more than 5 ft. tall. As far as math goes, all you need is to be able to count to 36. At its most complex there is really no math that is more complicated than multiplying and dividing. There are other functions which are executed by flight computers which are commonplace. They come in a few forms my favorite being one that resembles a small calculator.

Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

Power Supply 700 W
2 x 1 GB Cossair
Asus Crosshair Mainboard
AMD 5200
640 MB 8800 VGA Card
500 GB HDD
22 inches LCD Screen,

Thank you so much again,

Phi

try Matrox triple head 2 go.

you can use 3 monitors to create one screen with 45" diagonal. 3840 x 1024

caution:
this box is fuzzy. make sure you have a supported system, otherwise it won't work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

One word...Beautiful!

Enjoy it!!!!!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Cool stuff! 😀

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

For 299.00 for something that small, I'll wait for the price to drop. 😛

they are selling like hotcakes. don't hold your breathe while waiting.

FIS Guest

Anonymous wrote:

try Matrox triple head 2 go.

you can use 3 monitors to create one screen with 45" diagonal. 3840 x 1024

caution:
this box is fuzzy. make sure you have a supported system, otherwise it won't work.

Must be desktop set to horizontal span?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...