Add On Aircraft for Fight Simulator X

Pro Member Trainee
wgmazzei Trainee

I downloaded the Cessna 185 for the Flight Simulator X but I do not know how to install it in the program. Can anyone assist me?

Thank you

Gerry Mazzei

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
guest Guest

Make new folder under my comp - local disc c - programfiles - microsoft games - fsx - simobjects - aircraft and then get the cessna folder and copy that aircraft folder into the new one you just made and same with gauges etc.

Please correct me if I am wrong I just bought the game so I might be wrong.

Pro Member Trainee
wgmazzei Trainee

I tried copying the file as you suggested into the new folder under aircraft in the Simulator X prgram file however when I start up the simulator the aircraft does not apprear with the list of available airplanes. Maybe there is another way you have to access it to run it but I don't know how to do that. I really appreciate your assistance as I am pretty uninformed when it comes to computer programs.

Thanks again

Gerry

Pro Member Trainee
wgmazzei Trainee

Ignore my last e-mail. What I did wrong was to create a Cessna 185 folder and then copy the whole Cessna 185 folder that I ahd down loaded instead of just copying over it's contents. So what happened is that I created a Cessan 185 folder then inside that folder was the Cessna 185 folder I had down loaded and then inside that was the files. I had one too many folders. The best thing I guess would be to creat the folder in FSX forst and download and unzip directly to that file. This is sure a learn as you go process. I am very thankful for your assistance as I hads no idea what folder to use to get it to work so thanks again.

Gerry

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...