briangregg Guest

Is it possible to make a copy of disc 4 to preserve the original

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

briangregg wrote:

I don't think so but you don't have to. You can use a NO-CD file that allows you to run Flight Simulator 2004(FS9) with your disk 4 setting on a shelf, safe, warm and scratch free. There are two files, one for FS9 without the update patch installed and one with the update patch installed.

NO CD Files
If you don't have patch 9.1 installed
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/317/no-cd-patch-for-flight-simulator-2004/

If you already have patch 9.1 installed
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

FS9 Update patch 9.1(if you don't have it, you should)
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

briangregg wrote:

I would stick to what CRJ said but here.

(download no longer available)

Radar

briangregg Guest

Thanks to all that replied, it worked.

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

I just find out i got the 9.1 version install came with cd.but still i need #4 disk in cd rom. what do i need download to illuminate a problem too run without the #4 Disk.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

I just find out i got the 9.1 version install came with cd.but still i need #4 disk in cd rom. what do i need download to illuminate a problem too run without the #4 Disk.

If you already have patch 9.1 installed
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15244/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004-v91-no-cd-patch/

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

I have downloaded the NOCD patch but know nothing about computers. Therefore the instructions with the download mean nothing to me.
Where do I find fs9.exe to make a backup, Flight-sim FS2k4 (COF) root directory to copy No-CD/Fixed fs9.exe?

Thanks in anticipation of your help

😀 Simmy

Air Badger Guest

Hi Simmy

Not sure about the second part of that line you mention, but in my case all I had to do was make a backup of the FS9 file for safety before I carried on.

"Right Click" on the icon for FS9 on your desktop (the one you use to run the program) and select "Properties".

Now from the menu that comes up, "Left Click" on "Find Target" and that will take you to the folder where your "FS9.exe" lives.

You'll see an icon in the shape of an plane and it'll have "FS9" written below it, that's your fella. You might find a few in the shape of planes actually.... but this'll be the only one with "FS9" written below it.

Badger

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Simmy wrote:

I have downloaded the NOCD patch but know nothing about computers. Therefore the instructions with the download mean nothing to me.
Where do I find fs9.exe to make a backup, Flight-sim FS2k4 (COF) root directory to copy No-CD/Fixed fs9.exe?

Thanks in anticipation of your help

😀 Simmy

It's in the main folder of the sim, it looks like a tiny airplane, just like the NO-CD crack, make a folder and put it in to it and put the crack in its place.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

I want to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 and yes i did saw icon in the shape of an plane and have a "FS9" written below it.what to do from there? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

I want to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9 and yes i did saw icon in the shape of an plane and have a "FS9" written below it.what to do from there? 😕

Rename that file from FS9 to FS9.exe.orig.

Now open the folder nocd_cof_9.1 and copy and paste the file fs9 - the one with the aircraft symbol into the same location where you just renamed the original FS9.exe file.

➡ C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

Thanks Tailhook
open FS9 without # 4 disk now 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Much better, isn't it 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Simmy Trainee

Many thanks for your help. It is much better than having to insert disc 4 every time

😀 Simmy

Hello,

I'm unable to find the file 'nocd_cof_9.1'. Where should it be?

Many thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I'm unable to find the file 'nocd_cof_9.1'. Where should it be?

Many thanks.

Try this one:

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...