FSSound.dll?

Pro Member First Officer
William A. Jones (waj2306) First Officer

I recently downloaded a MELJET paint kit and installed it without any problems. However........When I start FS, I get the following:

ERROR - FS9

FS has detected a potentially incompatible aircraft or software.
FSSound.dll

Do you want to load this software?

Wether I hit "yes" or "no", loads just fine. What is this, and should I do anything to remedy it?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

waj2306 wrote:

I recently downloaded a MELJET paint kit and installed it without any problems. However........When I start FS, I get the following:

ERROR - FS9

FSSound.dll

Wether I hit "yes" or "no", loads just fine. What is this, and should I do anything to remedy it?

Very common, remove it and keep it safe in a folder somewhere in case you have to put it back.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

waj2306 wrote:

ERROR - FS9

FSSound.dll

Don't worry, that's just Microsoft paranoia. You have unknowingly added the FSSound.dll, which is good because it's needed by many aircraft but because it's not default fs9 outfit, there's no entry in the fs9.cfg file.

If you want to get rid of the annoying prompt, add this to the fs9.cfg file:

[OLDMODULES]
FSSound.dll=1

The path to the fs9.cfg is: Username / Application Data / Microsoft / FS9.

Let us know how you're getting on Idea

Pro Member First Officer

Ya'll are the GREATEST! Thanks to you two, I'm now painting AND building Panels. What a rush! I'll let you all know how this works out.

By the by.......I have zero'ed in on the A319-100, 747-400 Freight, and 777-200 as my prefered projects. More later>

REMEMBER: Man was not meant to fly; nor did he invent flying.......so far we as humans have not done half bad!

Pro Member First Officer

One minute, 43 second fix! Thanks!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...