Real Environment Pro install help

I need help installing Real Environment Pro. I have installed it using the exe file, but now where do I put the individual folders? Can anyone walk me through the procedure? Thanks

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You don't have to put any folders anywhere because you're using the .exe -- this is from the Readme:

[Installation]

In order for the process to work correctly you must install this package into your C:\Program Files directory. Soon as the installation is finished REP will open.

In other words, when you run the .exe you have to make sure that the Destination folder is Program Files - NOT Flight Simulator 9.

I tried that but after I installed it a window came up saying cannot find flight simulator folder. If I installed it correctly I should have a folder named Real Environment Pro in my C:\Program Files directory. I will try reinstalling it and let you know what happens.

I reinstalled and I clicked on the RealEnvironment icon and the message I get is; Unable to locate Flight Sim software on your computer.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well now it sounds as though I've misinterpreted the author's intention.

"...install this package into your C:\Program Files directory" ...what do you make of that? 🤔

I know. 😉 I figured out I am having trouble during the install. At the very end I get a error dealing with one of the DLLs. I will post the error message soon when I have some free time. I really appreciate your time and effort. Sorry if I have been confusing.

I installed it to here. C:\Program Files\Real Environment Pro
During the install the exe asks you if want to create a folder named Real Environment Pro and I clicked yes. Is that right, do I need to click no? Anyway, just as the exe install is complete a error pops ups. The window says Error from Real Environment. Unable to locate Flight Sim software on your computer.
Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There is an alternative you know. When the REP was first released, there were a a number of different releases, updates, with and without .exe installers.
I don't know how many of those different versions are still available, you'd have to do a search.
The first version I got a hold of at the time had no installer and the manual installation went without a hitch. Later I got an improved version that included an installer and that installation went all right as well.

As to your question whether you should click YES during the installation when you're asked if want to create a folder named Real Environment Pro YES is correct.

From memory, using the version with the .exe lets you make changes to your environment even after installation -- but don't quote me on this.

The alternative would be to run the .exe but target a temporary folder instead (if it lets you) and then install manually.

The last straw would be to find (if they're still available) one of the original versions without the .exe. --- I've installed REP in the past with and without an .exe without a problem.

I seem to remember that the Readme of the .exe version contained explicit DOs and DON'Ts - I'm sure you've read those but double checking can't hurt.

Finally I would check if there are any updates or fixes available. Another avenue of enquiry would be the http://www.fs2004.com/ forums, I think that's where the author used to spend some of his time. You're bound to find topics dealing with REP there.

If all else fails, you could always tell us where you've downloaded the file from AND the (.zip) File name -- and/or post the Installation instructions here. 😎

Thanks! I am going to install it manually. Just to let you know I downloaded it from Avsim. reprosetup.zip

I fixed the problem. Works great!

Anonymous wrote:

I fixed the problem. Works great!

how did you fix it? I am having a similar problem.

Download this. Run it, and then install REP again.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=713DF8FH

I had the same problem but I didn't download a different file I just put the files from the REP folder into my fs2004 textures folder and it worked!

just take the files from your install folder and put them in the appropriate places. It should ask you if you want to replace the files. Just say yes 🙂

-Zain

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...