F14A TOMCAT AND F/A 18 HORNET

Pro Member Trainee
BLF-82 Trainee

Hi all, I am trying to find a downloadable version of both of these planes. I have not been having any luck and don't know where to look for a good quality one. Can anyone shed some light on the subject as to where I can get these planes from?

And also on another matter while I am here. Where can I find a downloadable paint shop so I can change the skins on these planes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

BLF-82 wrote:

Hi all, I am trying to find a downloadable version of both of these planes. I have not been having any luck and don't know where to look for a good quality one. Can anyone shed some light on the subject as to where I can get these planes from?

And also on another matter while I am here. Where can I find a downloadable paint shop so I can change the skins on these planes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome BLF-82 🍻

There are plenty of F-14s and F-18s around - even some very good ones. Unfortunately they're all for fs9 which means the gauges won't work in FSX.
You could if you wanted to, use the FSX Learjet panel in those fs9 aircraft, but since we're talking good quality fighter jets, that's really no fun.

I have just found one F-14D where I'm confident that it's actually been upgraded for FSX but... if you're new to the installing business, this one won't fit the bill because it's a part of a complete carrier package.

Regarding the painting of skins, you need a graphics editor such as PSP or PhotoShop. You can find plenty of information in our Repaint forum.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/22/repainting/

Pro Member Trainee
BLF-82 Trainee

Thanks for responding so quikly, Ok so there is a F14 & F18 available! I have photo shop 6 but how do you get the plains skins opened up in the photo shop. What files do I have to open?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

BLF-82 wrote:

Thanks for responding so quikly, Ok so there is a F14 & F18 available! I have photo shop 6 but how do you get the plains skins opened up in the photo shop. What files do I have to open?

I can assure you that you'll be tearing your hair out unless you follow some kind of tutorial or are fully clairvoyant - I doubt the latter.

I gave you a link in my previous post - there's a reason for that.

Anyhow... what files to open?

In fs9 it's the .bmp files.

In FSX it's the .dds files.

They reside in the 'textures' folders of your aircraft. If you want to work with .dds files you'll need a plug-in.

Since THIS is not the Repaint forum, we don't want to go overboard here. For any 'repaint related' questions, please go to the Repaint Forum 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...