New here and problem with Flight Simulator X

Pro Member Trainee
Smittymatt Trainee

Hello everyone, just bought the game and am new to the forums here. I been itching to play FSX, but my current computer is causing some technical problems. I am able to install the game, but when I try and launch I receive an error message saying "Flight Simulator was unable to load some program files and will now exit. Please reinstall Flight Simulator to restore or repair the program installation." I have tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling on a different partition. I have contacted customer support several times, taking much time doing tedious steps that were all in vein Crying or Very sad . I feel coming here is my last resort. If anyone has experienced this problem or knows what the problem could be, I'm more than willing to listen to all advice. Thanks in advance.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it ever started delete the log file.

If it never started try it in safe mode.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Smittymatt Trainee

The game has never worked on my computer. I was able to install it on my brother's but I haven't had the chance to play as much as I would like, so now I am just licking my chops to get this thing up and running on my computer.

Tried safemode. Same error message. Considering it never opened, there is no log file created yet?

Pro Member Trainee
roelli98 Trainee

Each time you uninstall it make sure you delete the FSX folder and then install it again.

P.S. What are the specs of your comp?

Pro Member Trainee
Smittymatt Trainee

I'll just copy the stats from the dxdiag application.

System Manufacturer: VIAK8T
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ running at 2.2Ghz
Memory: 1024 MB RAM @ 433 mhz
Directx 9.0c
Vid Card: Radeon X800 PRO 256 MB

Here are the steps I've taken to try and solve the problem:

1) Ran the installation repair option.
2) Uninstalled, deleted folder and reinstalled in separate partition.
3) Ran selective startup to remove all services except those by Microsoft.
4) Defragged harddrive and repeated step (2).
5) Installed latest video card driver.
6) Any combination of the above.

Microsoft technical support basically ran me through steps I had already taken (eg. running selective startup and making sure I did a full uninstall) but to no avail. Just can't figure out what is wrong although it is probably something very simple.

Pro Member Trainee
roelli98 Trainee

Have you checked if the registry entries are also completely deleted? Go to regedit.exe (by using Run...) and check in:

"My Computer>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Microsoft Games>Flight Simulator>10.0"

Me, for example, I still have FS8 and FS9 registries although they should have been deleted.

P.S. I see no reason why your computer shouldn't be able to run FSX well. Those specs are better than my computers'.

Pro Member Trainee
Craig (Sno0ze) Trainee

Smittymatt wrote:

System Manufacturer: VIAK8T
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ running at 2.2Ghz
Memory: 1024 MB RAM @ 433 mhz
Directx 9.0c
Vid Card: Radeon X800 PRO 256 MB

Yeah those specs are capable of running it. Shouldn't be having any problem with it on that score. I'de check the registry like roelli98 said. It's defintely a software problem no doubt. Keep at it!

Pro Member Trainee
Taylor Crockett (taylorc) Trainee

something simalir happened to me so i unistalle it but then i did a system restor to when my computer didnt have the FSX files (about a Week ago worked) then in installed it again and it worked

Pro Member Trainee
Smittymatt Trainee

Update: Problem solved 😀 Went with the good 'ole reformat 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...