Awesome really 😂

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

tiger7881 wrote:

Awesome really 😂

You are too kind. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The last pic exposes neat, detailed contour lines. Lesser repainters don't take screenies from that angle in order to hide their shoddy work.
This looks very good - just wondering if those are dirty textures or whether I have to give my monitor a wipe 😁

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

VV that is a stunning repaint, Britannia is (was) one of my favourite airlines, the first airline i ever flew on was Britannia (a long time ago in the old red, white and blue livery), it's a shame that it's now been consumed by TUI and that livery has gone forever 😞 .

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhook, the dirty textures are just what i couldn't be arsed painting, so i left them in the original background colours.

Welshflyer, the last time i went to Corfu, it was in a Britannia Airways 732 around 6 years ago, and it kinda stuck with me.
What i tried to make this repaint look like was this ...

Not quite a reproduction, but it's close enough. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

violentviolet wrote:

Tailhook, the dirty textures are just what i couldn't be arsed painting, so i left them in the original background colours.

You could have fooled me VV, out come the cleansing agents... where's that housekeeper when you need her Evil or Very Mad

Now comparing your textures with the photograph you just tagged on, there's no difference except for the a/c type. I'm in awe 😎

Pro Member First Officer

Aw Heck. Embarassed 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Very nice, I like it. You do fine work. 👍

Nice paint

And I hate to say it...but I see three problems.

1 All the blue lines should be outlined in the gold (yellowish orange colour)

2 the tail logo is the wrong style......doesn't match the plainer style of the pic

3 The head of Britannia should be to the front of the titles both sides...that is........ it's wrong on the starboard.

I only mention it as you may notice it after upload.

Pro Member First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Nice paint

2 the tail logo is the wrong style......doesn't match the plainer style of the pic

3 The head of Britannia should be to the front of the titles both sides...that is........ it's wrong on the starboard.

Well Mr Mouse.... or can i call you Annony, 😉
You are correct in your observations,

As for the blue lines.... oh well , i missed that.

The tail logo.....that was the closest image that i could get to the original.

As for the head of Britannia, i guess that was an oversight on my part too.

As it has been uploaded to AVSIM already, if someone doesn't like the slightly flawed version i uploaded,there is always the delete button. Neutral

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

I like your reapint VV! Don't mind about the kittle flaws! 😉

Anonymous wrote:

Nice paint

tx BigWaveDave you so smart 😛

Pro Member First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Nice paint

tx BigWaveDave you so smart 😛

Howya doin'?, you "In the shadows,cloak and dagger" friend from somewhere else. 😂
Group Wave (A big wave for Dave) ROFL

My names not Dave

And I would be on forum not in the dark but you have to pay.

I never charged anything.........for any of my 499 published paints plus nearly 100 other private ones.

Just advice as that is what folks usually want when they put up screen shots before publication.

Pro Member First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

My names not Dave

And I would be on forum not in the dark but you have to pay.

I never charged anything.........for any of my 499 published paints plus nearly 100 other private ones.

Just advice as that is what folks usually want when they put up screen shots before publication.

Fine....And here ends the lesson on "Nobody Is Perfect" Neutral

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's not BigWaveDave, he happens to be a good friend of mine and if you post as him again I delete every post you ever made.

Radar

Sorry can you explain what you mean about posting as this person

All the posts I make is as a guesy and it gives a code to put in

This code is automatic..I put that code in and the post is made

I have no control over this and have never posted as anyone else

the code it asks for now is the only one it has ever asked for and that is.

hcomspam12

That is the code requested every time I have posted from the beginning.

I have never heard of BigWaveDave.

All I have done is post and fill in the space with the asked for code.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Besides seeing guest guest guest I have to check IP's and that too much trouble to do regularly.
I only do it when necessary.
If you posted about BigWaveDave then stop, if you didn't you have nothing to worry about.
Reread this thread and you'll see the reference.

Radar

Radar Man

The quote of my post with the reference to Big Wave Dave is nothing to do with me.

When I first started guest posting and sometimes since the hcomspam12 would appear almost as a user name so I left it at that.

Sometimes it's there sometimes not.

It was unfair to accuse me of posting as someone else when I did no such thing.

All I did was point out some things that if someone had pointed out to me before I had uploaded a paint then I would have been glad.

I thought them worthy and helpful things to mention.

I make it a rule not to put my name to guest posts as it can be awkward when access is limited and after all I was just posting a comment in passing to be helpful

I am not trying to hide

My name is Garry Russell

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...