Old TV programme: 'Mr Smith's Airship'

Pro Member Trainee
DF112 Trainee

This might be something only the Brits could answer, unless the BBC sold the programme in question abroad, but here goes:

Way back (I remember it being 1975 or 1976) BBC2 showed a documentary about a guy called Smith - a prosperous retired gentleman, I'd say - who decided he wanted to build and fly an airship, and how he went about doing it. It was a pretty ramshackle craft, as I recall, but it definitely got off the ground.

I've never seen the programme since, and as far as I know it never made it onto Discovery Wings, but does anyone else remember the programme, and - if it ever got in a repeat in the VCR age - does anyone have a copy of it? There's scarcely a reference to it on the internet, and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who ever watched it!

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheezyflier First Officer
Pro Member Trainee
DF112 Trainee

Thanks cheezyflier! At least I know I didn't imagine it.

Not sure I agree with the synopsis on the BFI website, though. He wasn't building it 'in his London apartment'. It would have had to be one hell of an apartment!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...