Simulation Cockpit - FlightSim and Racing

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Saw this piece in USA Today Sun. Mag - Neat alternative to a full blown hi-dollar simulator - and it appears to be a unit that could be built inexpensively.
Site: http://hotseatsim.com/
cthiggin 🙂

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

On the base model they give you nothing.
All you need now is the yoke and pedals, build them onto a movable stand so you can slide it in front of your monitor and your set.
I have a computer and monitor that they can't match for that price, the highest one.
Nice rig but you can build better...although it won't look anywhere near that good.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

I can't really make out that well, but does the tubular frame look like it's made out of plactic pvc? Does to me -
Thanks for your input and reply.
cthigigin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It says metal frame, if it is PVC then it's junk.
They say it'll support a 6'6" man, that's 225lbs, plastic can't do that without bowing-twisting, and that would throw the balance off.
I bet you can build it with aluminum tubing with collars every foot or so to maintain weight and stability.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Well, I should read before I get so enthusiastic........
It does look to be a project that could be done with some good pre-thought and planning - For me, it's the low-cost answer for those who want to and realism to this simulator - I've seen some that home builders have made (low-end) and I'll bet they have 400-500 in materials alone and the end results just don't seem good enough for the dollars and effort. I do give them an A+ for the effort and I hope they are very happy. The realistic ones I've seen with hydraulics almost take up a whole room, are mostly jetliner based, and "have" to cost thousands.
Again, thanks for your reply and input.
cthiggin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...