help installing GE 2006

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

I installed this package and came up with no errors and I sent this to my addon scenery in my fs2004 folder. I click on ge on my desktop and checked install day and night textures and everything went well but when I go in and play in my game I dont see any difference in the ground textures. So I go to scenery library and go to where I installed ge but it comes up as like blank files that you cant click to add it into fs2004 so I look all through my scenery files and click ok just to make sure and they all say they already exist. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Are you sure it's 2006 and not 2004?

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Yea I sure its 2006.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry, didn't even know it existed.

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

Wait are you talking about the flight sim or ground environment. Here is a link to the ground environment 2006: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ge2006
I searched for ground environment 2004 but nothing came up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bawls327 wrote:

Wait are you talking about the flight sim or ground environment. Here is a link to the ground environment 2006: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ge2006
I searched for ground environment 2004 but nothing came up.

It sure is confusing. Seems you're right in the first place. I got a bit distracted by this:

The goal of Ground Environment is to achieve the most realistic ground textures for Flight Simulator with the greatest coverage. We are releasing this software as an all-in-one package, covering almost the entire gobal Flight Simulator 2004 scenery world with new ground textures.

Didn't bring my A-Game today, sorry 😀

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

you dont need to apologize you guys help people 24/7 on this site including me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

A friend e-mailed me saying there was an autogen patch v.10.05. Unfortunately she wasn't sure about the version i.e. 2004 or 2006. You might wanna have a look and see what you can find. Read

Pro Member Captain
bawls327 Captain

rgr will do.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...