FSX Activation Issue

Pro Member Trainee
Geoff (Geoffos) Trainee

First of all, I know there's a sticky here concerning activation issues, but this question is slightly different, hence the new thread ...

I read on the MS Support sites that to activate the product, you can do it online or by telephone; I (and I assume everyone else in the UK) don't get the telephone activation option. Is this right? Do we in the UK get a telephone option? I only ask because I don't get that.

If anyone on these boards has been able to try the telephone activation path, could you please post the MS Phone number for this so I can try to activate my copy by speaking to a real person.

I'm one of those people with a genuine copy that keeps returning a message saying "Invalid Key..." when trying to activate the software.

Thanks.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Have you tried disabling your internet connection and then trying to activate? Or are you having the problem when you are entering the product key?

Pro Member Trainee
Geoff (Geoffos) Trainee

I've tried disabling Internet connection, but it had no effect on the activation screen. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Isn't there a phone number in the booklet that came in the DVD case or do they use the same version as we get here.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Geoff (Geoffos) Trainee

RadarMan wrote:

Isn't there a phone number in the booklet that came in the DVD case or do they use the same version as we get here.

Radar

Unfortunately no, they only have numbers for US and Canada.

I need to speak with Support about this, but they're not exactly easy to get hold of! To get online support, you have to provide a Product ID, which is in the Help>About section of th eprogram, but in FSX that appears to be blank! To call Support, they're open Mon-Fri 0800-1800; I work Mon-Fri 0900-1700. Tech Support should be open at the weekends, especially for Game Support.

Pro Member Trainee
G0Nz0 Trainee

unplug the internet, go to activate and walk away for half hour while its deciding there realy isnt a internet connection..

come back and it will offer you phone activation.

Pro Member Trainee
Geoff (Geoffos) Trainee

This is all sorted out now 🙂

I've been off work today and so was able to contact MS Tech Support about my problems. After getting some info from me about my purchase, someone called me back after half an hour with a newly generated Product Key.

So that's nice 🙂

Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Geoffos

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...