Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Open cargo doors

JD5

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:50 am 

Hello
I can't open the cargo door of a plane
I press SCHIFT + E + 2 but only the main door open
Can somebody help me please?????????
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:55 am 

JD5 wrote:
Hello

Not all aircraft are programmed with the same key commands. You have to look in the Readme file what the author says.
In case there is no reference, it's possible that the cargo door simply doesn't open. If the author claims that the door DOES open, you might have to assign a key (combination) in your settings. It's easily done, no rocket science.
JD5

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:06 am 

Tailhook wrote:
JD5 wrote:
Hello

Not all aircraft are programmed with the same key commands. You have to look in the Readme file what the author says.
In case there is no reference, it's possible that the cargo door simply doesn't open. If the author claims that the door DOES open, you might have to assign a key (combination) in your settings. It's easily done, no rocket science.

I don't see "open cargo doors" in my settings
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:09 am 

What does it say in the Readme file?
JD5

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:13 am 

Tailhook wrote:
What does it say in the Readme file?

Open cargo doors= SCHIFT+E+2
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:21 am 

Well you're obviously following the instructions. Have you tried 1/3/4 instead of 2?

Sometimes you don't need the Shift, it's best to try all kinds of different combinations as the authors get it wrong sometimes as well.
JD5

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:51 am 

Tailhook wrote:
Well you're obviously following the instructions. Have you tried 1/3/4 instead of 2?

Sometimes you don't need the Shift, it's best to try all kinds of different combinations as the authors get it wrong sometimes as well.

I have have try all kinds of different combinations but the cargo door don't open. Maybe a have to change something in the aircraft cfg?
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:06 am 

You could try that. Look what I just found - this is a part of the .cfg of a Posky 747-300 Combi:

[TailHook] // shift+C For opening cargo door.
tailhook_length=4 ;(feet)
tailhook_position = -15.0, 0.0, -1.0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

[folding_wings] // CapsLock For opening main cabin cargo door

See if you find similar entries in the .cfg; you could try shift+C as above.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:46 pm 

I struggle with these commands all of the time. seems any of the commands that involve 3 key strokes are intermittent at best. I've even had it happen where Shift+E+2, for example, will operate the cargo doors at the beginning of a flight but will fail at the end of a flight (where it will then only cause the main door to open). I really wish designers would stop using 3 key stroke commands such as this.
Tristan
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:14 am 

I've figured out a trick of my own. I know what you mean PMDG 737 and PIC 737 are the same way.. Now listen, read carefully..

Load your aircraft, cut engines with Parking Brake On.
Press the ALT Key..The Menu should come up now here comes the tricky part that actually works, just trust me...ok... so after pressing ALT the list comes up now you press ALT again and right before the simulator is active (3-5 seconds) press SHIFT+E+2 and it should work.. The thing that sucks is you need to do that again to close the cargo doors

So....ALT...wait 3 seconds........ALT..then immediately after SHIFT+E+2...Hopefully PMDG and PIC may even add a cargo door button or something...I'm looking for Cargo Door utilities right now, if I find one I'll let you know..Hope you get through with it...Smile
Tristan
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:28 am 

After looking around because it bugged me also.....Go to Avsim get an account if you don't have one it's free....(Avsim.com)........then scroll down to FS2004-Gauges....type cargo and there you go download and install and read what it says...just place the gauge in FS2004>Gauges and copy and paste the 2 lines given to where you want the gauge install, i prefer the overhead...fire up your simulator and the aircraft you installed it in adn it WORKS....Thanks for making me look for this thing, i kinda needed it for FsP purposes...Laterz!
lkw
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:18 pm 

coopman
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:04 am 

dude you have to program the keys Rolling Eyes
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:15 am 

coopman wrote:
dude you have to program the keys Rolling Eyes

So what's the problem Dude? Pretty straight forward if you're willing and know how to follow instructions Read

Besides, you know that Santa won't come if you don't make an effort Hit with Chair

Welcome to the forums coopman Very Happy
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 pm 

Welcome to the forums Coopman! Very Happy
lllllllllol

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:15 pm 

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Mad Mad Mad Mad Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Group Wave Cheers! Fear Liar Ninja Horse Ill Drool Hit with Chair
lllllllllol

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:16 pm 

no in fsx u press ctrl shift e Liar

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum