Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

JD5 wrote:

Hello
I can't open the cargo door of a plane
I press SCHIFT + E + 2 but only the main door open
Can somebody help me please?????????

Not all aircraft are programmed with the same key commands. You have to look in the Readme file what the author says.
In case there is no reference, it's possible that the cargo door simply doesn't open. If the author claims that the door DOES open, you might have to assign a key (combination) in your settings. It's easily done, no rocket science.

JD5 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

JD5 wrote:

Hello
I can't open the cargo door of a plane
I press SCHIFT + E + 2 but only the main door open
Can somebody help me please?????????

Not all aircraft are programmed with the same key commands. You have to look in the Readme file what the author says.
In case there is no reference, it's possible that the cargo door simply doesn't open. If the author claims that the door DOES open, you might have to assign a key (combination) in your settings. It's easily done, no rocket science.

I don't see "open cargo doors" in my settings

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What does it say in the Readme file?

JD5 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

What does it say in the Readme file?

Open cargo doors= SCHIFT+E+2

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Well you're obviously following the instructions. Have you tried 1/3/4 instead of 2?

Sometimes you don't need the Shift, it's best to try all kinds of different combinations as the authors get it wrong sometimes as well.

JD5 Guest

Tailhook wrote:

Well you're obviously following the instructions. Have you tried 1/3/4 instead of 2?

Sometimes you don't need the Shift, it's best to try all kinds of different combinations as the authors get it wrong sometimes as well.

I have have try all kinds of different combinations but the cargo door don't open. Maybe a have to change something in the aircraft cfg?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You could try that. Look what I just found - this is a part of the .cfg of a Posky 747-300 Combi:

[TailHook] // shift+C For opening cargo door.
tailhook_length=4 ;(feet)
tailhook_position = -15.0, 0.0, -1.0 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
cable_force_adjust = 1.0

[folding_wings] // CapsLock For opening main cabin cargo door

See if you find similar entries in the .cfg; you could try shift+C as above.

I struggle with these commands all of the time. seems any of the commands that involve 3 key strokes are intermittent at best. I've even had it happen where Shift+E+2, for example, will operate the cargo doors at the beginning of a flight but will fail at the end of a flight (where it will then only cause the main door to open). I really wish designers would stop using 3 key stroke commands such as this.

Pro Member Trainee
Tristan Trainee

I've figured out a trick of my own. I know what you mean PMDG 737 and PIC 737 are the same way.. Now listen, read carefully..

Load your aircraft, cut engines with Parking Brake On.
Press the ALT Key..The Menu should come up now here comes the tricky part that actually works, just trust me...ok... so after pressing ALT the list comes up now you press ALT again and right before the simulator is active (3-5 seconds) press SHIFT+E+2 and it should work.. The thing that sucks is you need to do that again to close the cargo doors

So....ALT...wait 3 seconds........ALT..then immediately after SHIFT+E+2...Hopefully PMDG and PIC may even add a cargo door button or something...I'm looking for Cargo Door utilities right now, if I find one I'll let you know..Hope you get through with it...🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Tristan Trainee

After looking around because it bugged me also.....Go to Avsim get an account if you don't have one it's free....(Avsim.com)........then scroll down to FS2004-Gauges....type cargo and there you go download and install and read what it says...just place the gauge in FS2004>Gauges and copy and paste the 2 lines given to where you want the gauge install, i prefer the overhead...fire up your simulator and the aircraft you installed it in adn it WORKS....Thanks for making me look for this thing, i kinda needed it for FsP purposes...Laterz!

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer
Pro Member Trainee
coopman Trainee

dude you have to program the keys 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

coopman wrote:

dude you have to program the keys 🙄

So what's the problem Dude? Pretty straight forward if you're willing and know how to follow instructions Read

Besides, you know that Santa won't come if you don't make an effort

Welcome to the forums coopman 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Welcome to the forums Coopman! 😀

lllllllllol Guest

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 Mad Mad Mad Mad 😳 😳 😳 😳 😞 😞 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 Evil or Very Mad Group Wave 🍻 Fear Liar Ninja Horse Ill Drool

lllllllllol Guest

no in fsx u press ctrl shift e Liar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...