Firewall ON or OFF while on-Line?

Pro Member Trainee
Bill Thornton (Thunder-01) Trainee

My Friends,
I'm curious - Does it matter whether MY Firewall is ON or OFF while hosting Multi-Player sessions or while participating in one? I'm not sure I want to turn it off but, if it's preventing people from joining my session, or if I'll gain something while in other sessions, I'm game as long as there is a work-around.

Also -- A pilot in one of my sessions "spawned-in" in an F-15C. I saw it as a C-172 - a very FAST C-172. Why was I unable to see the Eagle????

Thanks in advance for your reply(s).

Thunder-01

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Keep the firewall on unless you have to turn it off.
If you don't have the exact aircraft that someone else is flying the Sim will substitute anything it wants.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bill Thornton (Thunder-01) Trainee

Thanks....
What would be the indication that I must turn it off?

Thunder

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

If you have forwarded the FS ports from your router to your computer where your flying from then you are safe. shouldn't be a problem

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...