setting up FMC in FSX for Wilco B777, need help

Pro Member Trainee
jonnycash Trainee

Can anyone please explain in detail how to setup the FMC in Wilco or any other capable airplane in FSX. I have been reading about it but did't get any good website that explained in detail.
If you can either explain or just post some links where I can learn how to put flight data in to FMC in detail.
Thank you so much. ❓ ❓

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

There are some articles by Mike Ray about it, but I don't have the link right now. If you can bump this thread so that it pops up again around monday, I'll be where I can find the the link.

The easiest way I've found to set it up is to load a flight plan that I create in FSX. I think the buttons to press are POS INIT, RTE, (ROUTE) LOAD, which brings up all of the MSFS flight plans you have saved. Using the NEXT PAGE/PREV PAGE buttons allows you to scroll throught the flight plans. Mind you it only shows you a certain amount of the flight plan name, if it's very long.

From there, I think you pick ARR (Arrival) to tell it what runway you're going to land on, then ACTIVATE and EXECUTE.

Regarding getting the plane to follow the flight plan in the FMC/CDU there are two ways:

1. Load the IFR flight plan within MSFS (which you're probably not wanting to do), and ATC will steer you around.

2. After turning on the FD (flight director) and AP (Autopilot) (after getting 800-1000 feet AGL), turn on LNAV (Lateral Navigation) to follow the waypoints and everything from a top-down perspective that is in the FMC, and turn on VNAV (Vertical Navigation). I haven't quite got everything about VNAV working for myself yet. It doesn't seem to do altitude changes on its own, but it does try to keep the aircraft within speed limitations.

Hope this helps.

mdaskalos

Pro Member Trainee
jonnycash Trainee

thank you for the info you provided me , I will remember to post the topic again on monday.
I am just eager to learn a bit about plannig the flight along with all the knowledge about the lnav , vnav , sid , stars etc so I can plan and manually program. I am sure it will require alot of reading , its just fascinating..
thanks alot once again.

Pro Member First Officer
mdaskalos First Officer

Here is the link I had in mind:

http://www.fsvisions.nl/site/content/view/61/7/

Article 2 in the series is what you're looking for, I think.

mdaskalos

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...