picture in aircraft select screen

Pro Member Trainee
yankeessuck1992 Trainee

some aircraft i have downloaded and added to fsx do not have a picture in the aircraft select screen. they work fine in the game but you cant tell wat they are in the screen. if anyone knows how to give them a picture in the aircraft select screen i would greatly appreciate the help.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

If you go to your FSX Directory\SimObjects\Airplanes (the default is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes), find the folder of the aircraft without a picture. Open the folder and in each of the Texture folders, add a picture, naming it thumbnail.jpg. The picture should then show up in the Aircraft selection.

Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

If you go to your FSX Directory\SimObjects\Airplanes (the default is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes), find the folder of the aircraft without a picture. Open the folder and in each of the Texture folders, add a picture, naming it thumbnail.jpg. The picture should then show up in the Aircraft selection.

Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

how did u get the banner to work?

Pro Member First Officer
anonymouse91 First Officer

Cheeks wrote:

anonymouse91 wrote:

Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

I just went on EastJet's photobucket album and copied the link for my image. To keep this post on-topic, if you PM me, i'll help you get your sig working.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

anonymouse91 wrote:

Cheeks wrote:

anonymouse91 wrote:

Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

I just went on EastJet's photobucket album and copied the link for my image. To keep this post on-topic, if you PM me, i'll help you get your sig working.

thanx 😉

Pro Member First Officer
n7xlq1 First Officer

anonymouse91 wrote:

Welcome to FlyAway! 😀

I have somewhat simulal problem. I have C-17 for FSX that I downloaded from here, and in the free flight area, where the aircraft is shown, after selecting the C-17 the preview picture shows the C-17 rotating then shows a still picture of the C-17, then goes white.

I tried what you told Yankeessucker1992, but it doesn't work. Any advice?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...