Stairs instead of jetways

Pro Member Trainee
Qantas_here_I_come Trainee

Hi all 😎

Just wondering whether you are able to bring stairs to your aircraft if the ATC has not directed you to a particular jetway?

and also whether you are able to get a food truck because i have seen them driving around but haven't be able to call one over.😞

regards Qantas

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I know the UK2000 scenery brings food and luggage trucks to the aircraft but i don't know if FSX default does!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Hey Qantas, I remember you!

Here are some over-photoshopped early shots of mine.
I parked the trike next to an AI, their doors were open and a few minutes later the ramp and luggage truck came up.
I think the main secrets are open doors and patience.
As long as you are in a parking space the world will come to you.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25064/around-ksea-new-drivers/

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
viper040 Trainee

You can call the jetway, the fuel truck and the baggage carriers.

All depends on your scenery settings.

Shift+F for fuel truck - You need to be parked at a gate.
Open cargo bay doors and the baggage carriers will come.

Pro Member First Officer
Orion (ollyau) First Officer

I don't think you can get those vehicles (stair trucks or food trucks) with the default FSX scenery. The other vehicles at the airport just drive around and make it seem more realistic.

You can get the baggage trucks by opening the doors (Shift-E) and quickly releasing Shift-E and then quickly press 2 so it is (Shift-E 2). You can also get the jetway to come if you park well enough (on the yellow line). You press Ctrl-J to get the jetway. I think it only works on the commercial jets (Boeing 747-400, Boeing 737-800, and the Airbus A321). You can get the fuel truck by pressing Shift-F. And you can get the pushback truck by pressing Shift-P. The pushback truck will only come if you are near the zone it will pushback in (near the yellow line) and only if there is one at the gate or parking spot. For the jetways you need to have "Advanced Animations" on.

Hope this helps

Orion

Pro Member Trainee
Eraklis Trainee

Hello all, its not an addon that making stairs etc coming to ur plane?

Pro Member Trainee
jambob Trainee

Can someone help me
my ground commands dont work
i cant get a jetway no matter how good i park

HELP!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
BruceHolloway Trainee

Just an add-on to Orion's help, not everyone knows that if you go shift P 1 your tail will swing to port. If you go shift P 2, your tail will swing to starboard. Also, opening doors on the Airbus is cool. Shift E opens main entrance, Shift E 2 opens baggage doors on starboard side and Shift E 3 opens the rest of the entrance doors. Cheers, Bruce.

I noticed that when I did not meet to bring the front wheel on the yellow line and parkes sloppy, the fuel truck will not come. It stands around nearby and does not move closer until you parked nicely.
Maybe a good idea for the city rules: if you don't park nice, no fuel.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Drew B (belgeode) Chief Captain

No parallel parking please... and move your plane, you are double parked.

What everyone above me said is accurate.

hey just one question how do you get the stairs on a default boeing 737-800

ozi2000 Guest
milesmiles17 Guest

i am using fsx steam and am wondering if you could get stairs in that. if so plz tell me because i really want some and if you can tell me where you can get them Embarassed [/img]

milesmiles17 Guest

i am using fsx steam and am wondering if you could get stairs in that. if so plz tell me because i really want some and if you can tell me where you can get them Embarassed [size=18][/size

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...