dual monitor single card

Pro Member Trainee
swiffer88 Trainee

hey guys

I have a evga 8800gts card with two output on the back of it.. can I plug a second small monitor on the card without loosing to much fps in fsx. The second monitor would be like a 10in maybe, just to load google earth and google earth tracker..

and if I can, in windows setup I know I got to go put 2 monitor, but do I need to do something else so that the two monitor show different thing, like my main plays fsx while the second plays google earth or something else if I want

thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Good idea, one day I want a smaller one for my GPS.

Try some of these links:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3804/

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I have a smaller moniter but I cant figure out how to show a different veiw on one screen and the cockpit in the other. A screen for gps is a great idea radarman, I am always having to move it so I can use other instruments, and also I jut got the flight1 meridian which has a very copmlex gps system, which would great to be able to see the whole time so I can figure it out.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

That's out of 8800GTX. Didn't see any hit on FPS. 13" shows sectional off the internet and performance monitor.

Xp recognized the second monitor and it was just drag and drop the ie7 window onto the little monitor, no problem. Same for other game windows, like the radio stack or ATC message window.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Sorry it won't do that. I noticed that Oldsamer is running FSX in windowed mode. If you go full screen, then the second monitor will go blank. However you can add MFDs, GPS, and other stuff to the second monitor. When I was able to do that, I had all my cockpit controls on the second monitor....now when I go to full screen the sim just flashes on and off, so I stay in windowed mode. The thing is once you switch screens the simulator pauses itself.

Pro Member First Officer
oldsamer First Officer

All true, but FSX runs OK in windowed mode, no FPS hit.

After dragging other windows to second monitor, mouse over to cockpit and click to un-pause.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...