F-15 and F-14

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

Hello fellow simmers,
I have the F-15 and F-14 from IRIS but the keep locking up my computer. Out of all the aircraft I have, these are the only 2 that cause this problem. I was woundering if there was any other top F-15 and F-14 models (with full realistic panels and working virtual cocpits) for FSX that I could have the link to. 😀

Thanks a bunch.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

Just woundering if anybody has had any luck,
I usually get posts the next day, I have still been looking,
I will let you know if I find anything, but I really could use some help.

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Take the aircrafts out of your Simobjects>Airplanes folder, and get a good registry cleaner (CCleaner)and antivirus software(AVG). Do a clean sweep of the computer, the put the Iris aircrafts back into the Simobjects>Airplanes folder. Check those aircrafts folders to see if it has unnecessary garbage (like manuals, paintkits, etc...) in them. These work without being in the aircraft folders, so they don't have to be there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Agreed, house cleaning is always a good idea. But what if the issue is gauge(s) incompatibility? That was my first thought and after scab's second post we know as little as after the first one:

scab12 wrote:

Re the F-15... is it the C or the E version? The 'E' is for fs9 only. The 'C' and the F-14 probably won't work properly if you're running Acceleration or SP2.

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

Agreed, house cleaning is always a good idea. But what if the issue is gauge(s) incompatibility? That was my first thought and after scab's second post we know as little as after the first one:

scab12 wrote:

Re the F-15... is it the C or the E version? The 'E' is for fs9 only. The 'C' and the F-14 probably won't work properly if you're running Acceleration or SP2.

Nah. I had both (gotta get the 15 back) and they worked fine in Acceleration with a patch for a panel fix cuz of color.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

emerald has got a point there Raz... maybe you're just lucky with your overall setup though I'm not convinced. Have a look at the Iris website which should give an indication regarding compatibility.

In any case, what are your own thoughts on this: "Out of all the aircraft I have, these are the only 2 that cause this problem."

Enlighten us, we all want to learn Hack Read Idea

Pro Member Trainee
scab12 Trainee

thanks guyts for your help

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

How did you manage to solve your problem?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...