Upgrade to Saitek Pro Flight Yoke?

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Right... I've been using my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless joystick for a few years now, but I want to take my FSX experience "to the next level". It's a very good joystick, but I'm not sure I like it when using it for FSX. I believe the problem is that the aircraft is yay too live... No matter how low I set the sensitivity, the aircraft tends to overreact and doesn't really follow my movements. I think it's because I don't really get in touch with the aircraft through the joystick, so I'm thinking of getting one of those good-looking Saitek Pro Flight Yoke systems with a yoke and throttle quadrant. It is rather expensive tho, so I just wanna make absolutely sure: Do you think I'll still experience the stutters and sudden movements? It may as well be me who's the real problem, flying too slowly or something, but especially during take-offs and landings, when I pull up the nose, the nose pulls up like it's supposed to, but then drops, rises, drops, and it takes me forever to get it under control, and by then I'm miles off of the runway... I know it seems like a simple "You're flying too slowly" answer, but no matter what I do it's like this and I really think it's more because the joystick doesn't feel right. I find it very hard to do fluid, controlled motions. Maybe I'm just a retard, I don't know...
So... do you think it'd be worth the money?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I have the CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Pedals, they're very similar to the Saitek system. I love it and I think the Saitek Yoke would be great also. You have to adjust the sensitivity and null zones to fit your preference. Once you do that and acquire a feel for the controls, I think you will enjoy it. I still keep a regular joy stick for helicopters, aerobatics and combat flying. If I was to replace my current controller, I would probably get the Saitek Yoke.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

hoelmkjaer wrote:

Right... I've been using my Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless joystick for a few years now,..

Anything is better than a 'Cordless'. Borrow a simple stick with a cord from a friend and you'll probably notice the difference straight away.

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Well, it works pretty well, except in FSX and 2004. The Yoke gives you a much more realistic feeling of the aircraft, doesn't it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm sure it does if you're flying GA or Civilian Jets. I couldn't imagine flying combat or helicopters with a yoke though.
On the other hand, the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke system is probably easier to program compared to the X-52Pro Throttle and Stick set up.
If I were you, I'd have a good look at the Saitek forums and anything you can find regarding the programming/profiles of the set-up you're considering to purchase.

Either way, these Saitek products are good quality.

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Right! I'll go look in their forums. Thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...