Does FSX work better with Nvidia or ATI drivers?

Pro Member Trainee
Remy (Remyx) Trainee

I am about to get a new graphic card. Currently considering the Nvidia 8800GT.

However I read somewhere that Nvidia drivers do not work all that well with FSX. Is this a real problem or can it be arranged with tweaking?

Is this significant enough that I should reconsider my selection of GPU?

Do ATI drivers generally work better with FSX?

Thank you,
Remy

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
papab Trainee

I have been using Nvidia since I got FSX. Started with a 5200 series-went to a 7600 series and now I am using an 8800 GTS. I have never had a problem with their drivers. My current FPS is set at 35 and I get 18-20 on the runway at Tampa-30-35 after I climb out to cruising altitude ( flying mostly prop planes). Also have AMD 5200 Dual core(2.6GHZ)-4GB ram with XP that is only using 3GB.
I found the site listed below and it is full of great Tweaks and settings. I highly recommend it- See below...

TRY THIS---

http://www.highflightsimulations.com/

Found this web site several months ago. Always looking for great add-ons and additional aircraft. They have a new release of the Super Connie( for SP1/SP Acceleration) plus all of the freeware have a setup.exe file for easy loading( no copy paste of files)
Many add-on files for AutoGen and a complete listing of FSX tweaks that has really streamlined my system. They have a section called "must have files" - most are for enhanced effects.They list all the suggested Nividia & ATI graphics card settings as well as suggested FSX graphics settings.They have answered all of my questions the same day, very friendly site!

Pro Member Trainee
Remy (Remyx) Trainee

Thank you both for the input.
Remy

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...