Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Taxi problems using CH Products Pro Pedals

fasteddie60
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm 

I think I have seen something on this before, but can't find it. The problem I am having is my taxiing is mostly out of control using Pro Pedals from CH Products. I have made sure I had all the latest drivers and I have changed the sensitivity levels on FSX and cannot seem to tame down the taxiing sensitivity. Also the brakes are constantly coming on and I am making sure I do not push down on the pedals for braking. Can you guys help me? THANKS By the way, if I turn on coordinating rudder on FSX and just use my yoke for taxiing, it seems to be allot better. But that defeats the realism. I am open to any great ideas.
freedspeak
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:14 am 

Were you using a different controller previously without experiencing this problem? What speeds are you taxiing at? Using differential braking while taxiing shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes it's necessary to use brakes to turn sharper when necessary. The only suggestion I can think of is to taxi slower and use subtle throttle input.

I've been using the CH yoke and pedals for years with no problems.
Richard Nordli

Intel Core2 duo E6750 2.66Ghz
8800 GT "Superclocked" 512mb PCIe
3.24 GB DDR2
Audigy2 ZS
XP home SP/2
fasteddie60
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:27 pm 

Thanks Freedspeak...I had been using CH Pilot Pro yoke and pedals, attached to an older computer (Windows XP SP2) into a game port and that seemed to work OK. Now I have a Dual Core computer with CH Flight Sim yoke and Pro Pedals going through USB ports, running Windows Vista, with a GeForce 8800GT alpha dog video board. I will try your idea and see if that will work better for me. I seem to have worse problems with add the brakes...they just keep coming on
fasteddie60
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:38 pm 

I figured it out. When I set sensitivity to max on FSX for brakes, they came on even when I didn't have my feet on the pedals. I went into settings and set the control axis's to reverse and turned down the sensitivity levels and problem solved. It is going to be a good day flying with FSX.

Page 1 of 1
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum