How to install aircraft in FSX

Pro Member Trainee
Dylan Brown (dtdb) Trainee

1/6/11 Update:
Here is a link to my website that has a more in-depth and up to date tutorial on how to install addon aircraft. http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_aircraft.html

There is also one for scenery here: http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_scenery.html
And repaints: http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_repaints.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is something I made that shows how to install addons for FSX. I hope it helps.
(I have windows XP, this might be different for Vista or 7- location of were to put the folders and files.)

How to install addon aircraft.
1. Make a folder somewhere in your computer where you can store your addon aircraft. (I called mine FSX Downloads). You can store your addons here in the zipped file format in case the one you unzip and use in the game gets messed up or deleted.

2. When downloading the addon aircraft, save the file to that folder or move it there when it's done downloading.

3. Extract the folder and go inside it. Make sure all the main parts of the plane (model, panel, texture, sound, and other files) are located right inside when you click on the folder. If you have to click through a couple of folders to get to these, move them up to the top folder.

4. Copy the aircraft folder to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

NOTE: Even if the addon is a helicopter, still put it in the airplanes folder, not the rotorcraft folder.

5. Go into the downloaded aircraft folder and look to see if there are any folders called gauges or effects. If there is, see below.

Effects: copy all the effects in the folder (not the folder itself) and put them in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects

Gauges: Same thing as above, except put them in the gauges folder.

If it says a copy of it already exists, say yes to all to overwrite them.

6.If there any any extra files or folders (pictures,read me,manuals,ect) delete them unless you want to save them. Then FSX won't have to load any extra stuff when you want to select a aircraft

7. Exit out of the folders and your done!

How to install Addon Textures. (or repaints)

1. Make a folder somewhere in your computer where you can store your addon textures in the zipped file format in case the one you unzip and use in the game gets messed up or deleted.

2. Download and put the texture folder in the folder you just created.

3. Extracted the folder and then put it in the folder of the plane it's for.

Aircraft.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

FSX Helicopters. (any addon helicopters should be put in the aircraft folder)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft

4. The name of the folder that is actual going to be used for the textures is going to be called something like texture.(something). Make sure you only have to click on the folder to see all the texture files. The files are ussually .dds or .bmp.

Now open up the aircraft.cfg file for the aircraft your installing the textures for. You will see a bunch of entries that look like this:
This one is for the boeing 737, depending on the airplane, some parts of this will be different.

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Boeing livery"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that...."

Each one of these is for a different texture or paint for the aircraft.The addon texture your installing ussually has a readme in it. Open that up and look for something like what was shown above. Copy that and put at after the last fltsim entry. NOTE: make sure the number after fltsim is the number right after the last entry. ex. If the last entry was called fltsim.7, you would put fltsim.8. Also, make sure what is to the right of texture= is the same name as the folder (without the texture.). If the name of the folder was texture.swair, then in the aircraf.cfg file it would be texture=swair.[url][/url]

Last edited by Dylan Brown (dtdb) on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total

Answers 82 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Homayoon (butterflyman) Trainee

Hi and many thansk for all your tips. I download aircrafts but ending up having not Virtual Cockpit. I have had this problem with many air crafts. What is the problem?

Pro Member Trainee

It's not really a problem, it's just that the plane didn't come with one. You'll have to look around to find one's with good virtual cockpits. And you can't copy them from other planes.

Pro Member Trainee
Longhaul4441 Trainee

There is a program that will install a/c into FSX with very little input from you and it's very handy when you have over 1000 a/c (like I do) to install. It's called Addit! Pro for FSX. I believe it available as a trial pgm on this site and other FS sites. It's a time saver and puts a/c right where they should be from their zip file. I highly recommend it.

Pro Member Trainee
sam12345-2009 Trainee

Ive managed to download and install different aircraft but im having big problems changing the config file.

Every time I edit it and then go to save i get an error message stating...
"Cannot create the C:..blah blah... file. Make sure the path and file name are correct".

It happens both if i click save or save as.
Anyone had the same problem???

Pro Member Trainee
Longhaul4441 Trainee

Sam, if your using Vista or Win 7 you need to bring up your computer and find where you have you FS located. Highlight it, then right click, select properties, select security tab, highlight you user name in the box, and click edit. In the next pop up again highlight your user and then in the bottom select full control and then hit apply. This will change the folder attrib's of just the FS so that you can change file info (make changes to cfg files) Once this is done, and windows goes thru the process of changing them, you will be able to change your cfg files and be able to save them as they are with no problems.

Pro Member Trainee
sam12345-2009 Trainee

Longhaul4441 wrote:

Sam, if your using Vista or Win 7 you need to bring up your computer and find where you have you FS located. Highlight it, then right click, select properties, select security tab, highlight you user name in the box, and click edit. In the next pop up again highlight your user and then in the bottom select full control and then hit apply. This will change the folder attrib's of just the FS so that you can change file info (make changes to cfg files) Once this is done, and windows goes thru the process of changing them, you will be able to change your cfg files and be able to save them as they are with no problems.

Thanks for the quick reply problem solved now 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Lexusman Trainee

Hey I need help putting my downloaded planes and stuff on my flight simulator X

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lexusman wrote:

Hey I need help putting my downloaded planes and stuff on my flight simulator X

Check out the first post in this thread, it'll show you how.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Lexusman Trainee

ok put please can u help

Pro Member Trainee
Lexusman Trainee

So how do i put it on
I dont want it to be a waste of my money

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lexusman wrote:

So how do i put it on
I dont want it to be a waste of my money

❓ Did you follow the directions in the first post.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
STRATA Trainee

Thank all for their help..i managed to figure out how to install the aircraft but...some guages and views ect are missing...anyone know what im doing wrong?..like the picture file..where does that go and like screen shots not sure where im supposed to put that stuff..is that why some things are missing?...any help would be much app

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It depends on the read-me.
Sometimes the gauges stay with the folder of the aircraft and other times you put the contents of the downloaded gauge folder into the main gauge folder.
That's found in the same place as you found the simobjects folder.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
brusinc Trainee

I have tried to download the Argonaut and the Empire 20 Flying Boat, both BOAC. Everything seems to be there but when I try to choose an aircraft, they do not appear on the menu. The spitfire came out well, but the others did not. A little help would be gladly received 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

brusinc wrote:

I have tried to download the Argonaut and the Empire 20 Flying Boat, both BOAC. Everything seems to be there but when I try to choose an aircraft, they do not appear on the menu. The spitfire came out well, but the others did not. A little help would be gladly received 😉

In the aircraft menu check the box below the aircraft that says "show all variations" and they should show up.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
HyFlier Trainee

Hi

I followed the instructions and downloaded an F-16, but it won't show up in the aircraft selection place in FSX.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

HyFlier wrote:

Hi

I followed the instructions and downloaded an F-16, but it won't show up in the aircraft selection place in FSX.

FSX is a dud. However, not everything is lost. To solve your problem though, you'll have to be more specific - file library, filename, etc..

Pro Member Trainee
HyFlier Trainee

OK I got some stuff downloaded. Some things seem to work and others don't, probably just mistakes I make. Thanks anyways! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
easyrider003 Trainee

I have tried everything that was listed on here to install helicopters. I am operating windows 7 so I did have to change "Program Files" to "Games" but still no luck. Any tips?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

easyrider003 wrote:

I have tried everything that was listed on here to install helicopters. I am operating windows 7 so I did have to change "Program Files" to "Games" but still no luck. Any tips?

They go into simobjects/rotocraft.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
easyrider003 Trainee

I tried again with the last part being rotocraft. The reason I had to change "program files" is because it is not listed there it is start>games> and so on but the rotocraft did not work for me either

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you put them into that main folder correctly (the download folder not the zip) then check the "show all variables" checkbox in the Sims aircraft menu page.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
easyrider003 Trainee

After I went into the folder where all files are downloaded, out the the side it said compressed. I went into that folder and found what I believe is the downloaded file like you mentioned. I have tried several different things but still no luck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Is it a yellow folder like the rest, if not it has to be opened like all the others.

Have you ever added any other aircraft to FSX or is this your first time.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

easyrider003 wrote:

I tried again with the last part being rotocraft. The reason I had to change "program files" is because it is not listed there it is start>games> and so on but the rotocraft did not work for me either

I have a feeling you are going at it the wrong way.

The easiest way to access your Program Files folder (which you must do), is by holding down the Windows key and hitting E.

You have now opened Windows Explorer. In the left pane you navigate to your FSX folder etc.
I still use Windows XP - in which case the path would be: Local Disk / Program Files / Microsoft Games / Microsoft Flight Simulator X / SimObjects / Rotorcraft

NOTE: I think that in Vista and Windows 7 Local Disk has been renamed to something else - the rest should be the same.

Further, I understand your confusion because Radarman tells you to "They go into simobjects/rotocraft." - which is correct in the case of helicopters.

However, the How to install aircraft in FSX which he stickied, hasn't been proof-read and contains mistakes. The most obvious being:

4. Copy the aircraft folder to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

NOTE: Even if the addon is a helicopter, still put it in the airplanes folder, not the rotorcraft folder.

5. Go into the downloaded aircraft folder and look to see if there are any folders called gauges or effects. If there is, see below.

Much of the entire guide is misleading and IMHO quite useless for beginners.

Remember, you have to extract the contents of the .zip file you've downloaded from a file library first. Then you have to copy and paste the bits and pieces into the appropriate folders. You get to those folders by navigating to them in Windows Explorer as mentioned above.

Good luck.

Pro Member Trainee
easyrider003 Trainee

This is my first time downloading on FSX. I am stuck at work today for another 24hours but I will be able to give it a shot tomorrow sometime. Thanks for the help. Honestly I feel like there is something I am doing wrong and it is not necessarily teh instructions fault. Just can't figure out what it is though. But again thanks for the help.

Michael

Pro Member Trainee
easyrider003 Trainee

This is my first time downloading on FSX. I am stuck at work today for another 24hours but I will be able to give it a shot tomorrow sometime. Thanks for the help. Honestly I feel like there is something I am doing wrong and it is not necessarily teh instructions fault. Just can't figure out what it is though. But again thanks for the help.

Michael

Pro Member Trainee
randomme Trainee

I have tried to download the f-22 raptor package, the one at the top of the page when 'f-22 raptor' is searched, and I followed all the steps exactly yet it is not appearing in the "select aircraft" window. I have checked and all the files are on the computer, but it is just not appearing on the game. Does anyone have any advise? (I am on windows 7 if that is any help)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

randomme wrote:

I have tried to download the f-22 raptor package, the one at the top of the page when 'f-22 raptor' is searched, and I followed all the steps exactly yet it is not appearing in the "select aircraft" window. I have checked and all the files are on the computer, but it is just not appearing on the game. Does anyone have any advise? (I am on windows 7 if that is any help)

In the aircraft menu check the box below the aircraft that says "show all variations" and they should show up.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
randomme Trainee

I tried that but it didn't seem to work.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Read the install instructions again and try them step by step.
They may not be the best but they should guide you.

Don't forget the read-me that came with the download.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
randomme Trainee

Thank you very much for the advise. I ended up looking at how the other folders were set out and copying them, it now works perfectly. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
JacobGee Trainee

I Cant find SimObjects to add a plane?????

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

JacobGee wrote:

I Cant find SimObjects to add a plane?????

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
sweetcakes Trainee

My son has just got connected to fly away and we downloaded red arrows but can't get it into Micro FX we have read the hits but it was still to didn't clear anything up.All we can do is take the computer to PC world or get an engineer to come to the house. thanks for the disapointment.

sweetcakes

Pro Member Trainee
DavidSkylark Trainee

All of the planes that I am downloading as of late seem to be white skin with just patched of it that show color. Anyone else having the same problem and if so do you know a fix?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

DavidSkylark wrote:

All of the planes that I am downloading as of late seem to be white skin with just patched of it that show color. Anyone else having the same problem and if so do you know a fix?

Go into the Sims menu, go to the graphics tab and uncheck the DX10 box.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
HarryNostrant Trainee

What if you can't find where to put the dowload? I have two dowloads on a flash drive but can't find where to out them. Help please?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

HarryNostrant wrote:

What if you can't find where to put the dowload? I have two dowloads on a flash drive but can't find where to out them. Help please?

If I understand you, put them on your desktop and unzip them there.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

HarryNostrant wrote:

It doesn't matter where you have your 'downloads'. You can even leave them on your flash drive. The important thing is that you have to extract the contents of the .zip files ('downloads') FIRST by right-clicking on a .zip file and following the Wizard.

Then you copy and paste the individual parts where they belong using Windows Explorer.

Pro Member Trainee
Jaybird21285 Trainee

Hello, i am using the Addit Pro thing to install aircraft on my hd, i came across a couple of aircraft that say the panel.cfg need to be installed also and addit doesnt give it a file directory, where should it go?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Jaybird21285 wrote:

Hello, i am using the Addit Pro thing to install aircraft on my hd, i came across a couple of aircraft that say the panel.cfg need to be installed also and addit doesnt give it a file directory, where should it go?

Just place the panel.cfg files into the appropriate panel folders, that's where they belong.

Pro Member Trainee
bigernie3754 Trainee

i have tried and tried and this is becoming bs, i tried to follow the instructions but i right click and there is no option to send to other files, and if i put in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

it say unknown,

Pro Member Trainee
chelseafc222 Trainee

I had trouble at first but I did this:
Download the file(s) to your desktop (just makes them easier to find).
Start button -
Computer -
OS (C🙂 -
Program Files -
Microsoft Games -
Microsoft Flight Sim X -
Sim Objects -
Airplanes (should be a list of all the default planes).
Right click on the file on your desktop then 'copy' -
On the airplanes page click 'file' then 'paste' -
Start up Flight Sim X and you're ready to fly. 🙂
Note: Some downloads have additional files in eg. 'Read Me's' and screensavers just open the file on your desktop then copy the file with the aircraft's name or what it was saved as.

Pro Member Trainee
texasthunder Trainee

All good info, and I appreciate those trying to help us novices !! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
chelseafc222 Trainee

Can anybody give me a tutorial on how to install any of Thomas Ruth's A340s, I follow the step by step instructions that come with it, the wings are fine, the fuselage is completely black. Help? 😞 ❓

Pro Member Trainee
Sunday Trainee

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad this is soooo confusing!!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Pro Member Trainee
SALTHEMECHANIC Trainee

hi, i can down load some airplanes ,when i do down load the airplanes and install them to fsx i dont have paint job on them,need help how i can install the paint on them thanks sal

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

SALTHEMECHANIC wrote:

hi, i can down load some airplanes ,when i do down load the airplanes and install them to fsx i dont have paint job on them,need help how i can install the paint on them thanks sal

Go into the Sims graphics tab and uncheck the box DX10, then they will have textures.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
gum Trainee

iv folod evreetheng it seas but i stil cannot get it to werk im triying to donlod the voyager for flit simlator x but i cant get it to werk cood yo tel me wat too doo : 😞 ❓

Pro Member Trainee
Mooty Trainee

sam12345-2009 wrote:

Ive managed to download and install different aircraft but im having big problems changing the config file.

Every time I edit it and then go to save i get an error message stating...
"Cannot create the C:..blah blah... file. Make sure the path and file name are correct".

It happens both if i click save or save as.
Anyone had the same problem???

If you disable User Account in your control panel you'll find it works perfect. Flying Dutchman.

Pro Member Trainee
Rick771128 Trainee

OK I have followed all instructions here and I still cant see my downloaded planes in FS!!!!!! I dont know what else to do Im about to jump off a bridge at this time!!!!! LOL Please help. Thanks

chaos1524 Guest

every time I try to copy the aircraft folder, I get this message"Cannot create or replace"FileName": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use."

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

chaos1524 wrote:

every time I try to copy the aircraft folder, I get this message"Cannot create or replace"FileName": Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use."

Read this and see if it helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298345

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
erickeiser Trainee

every texture file i download never works. I copy and paste the files correctly into FSX program files yet when i open up the game there is nothing there. the only downloads that work are the package one's..... If it comes to having to add a texture in it's going to be a no go. for example: I downloaded a repaint for my crj700, copied and pasted the texture into the crj file and then edited the .cfg file and when it's done i open up the game and all i have is the stupid orbit air crj...... the sight of that stupid plane makes me want to throw up. please help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

erickeiser wrote:

every texture file i download never works. I copy and paste the files correctly into FSX program files yet when i open up the game there is nothing there. the only downloads that work are the package one's..... If it comes to having to add a texture in it's going to be a no go. for example: I downloaded a repaint for my crj700, copied and pasted the texture into the crj file and then edited the .cfg file and when it's done i open up the game and all i have is the stupid orbit air crj...... the sight of that stupid plane makes me want to throw up. please help.

Go into the Sims graphics tab and uncheck the box DX10, then they will have textures.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
billm48732 Trainee

Hi im running windows vista and everytime i try and put an airplane in the airplane folder, it tells me access "you need permission to do this action"...any idea what i should do? any help would be appreciated!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

billm48732 wrote:

Hi im running windows vista and everytime i try and put an airplane in the airplane folder, it tells me access "you need permission to do this action"...any idea what i should do? any help would be appreciated!

You have to be the administrator to access it.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/quick-ways-open-windows-vista7-command-line-administrator-elevated-privileges.htm

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
norman newman (norman19) Trainee

WHEN I INSTALLING ATR 72500 USING TOM THERE IS ERROR: YOUR AIR CRAFT NOT CONFIGURE

Pro Member Trainee
Jeffrey Keene Sr (PeachyKeene) Trainee

They don't make this the least bit easy, do they? I'm about ready to toss the whole damned program!!!! "I'm gettin' too old for this shit!"

dtdb wrote:

1/6/11 Update:
Here is a link to my website that has a more in-depth and up to date tutorial on how to install addon aircraft. http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_aircraft.html

There is also one for scenery here: http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_scenery.html
And repaints: http://fstipsandaddons.com/tutorials/installing_repaints.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is something I made that shows how to install addons for FSX. I hope it helps.
(I have windows XP, this might be different for Vista or 7- location of were to put the folders and files.)

How to install addon aircraft.
1. Make a folder somewhere in your computer where you can store your addon aircraft. (I called mine FSX Downloads). You can store your addons here in the zipped file format in case the one you unzip and use in the game gets messed up or deleted.

2. When downloading the addon aircraft, save the file to that folder or move it there when it's done downloading.

3. Extract the folder and go inside it. Make sure all the main parts of the plane (model, panel, texture, sound, and other files) are located right inside when you click on the folder. If you have to click through a couple of folders to get to these, move them up to the top folder.

Effects: copy all the effects in the folder (not the folder itself) and put them in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects

Gauges: Same thing as above, except put them in the gauges folder.

If it says a copy of it already exists, say yes to all to overwrite them.

6.If there any any extra files or folders (pictures,read me,manuals,ect) delete them unless you want to save them. Then FSX won't have to load any extra stuff when you want to select a aircraft

7. Exit out of the folders and your done!

How to install Addon Textures. (or repaints)

1. Make a folder somewhere in your computer where you can store your addon textures in the zipped file format in case the one you unzip and use in the game gets messed up or deleted.

2. Download and put the texture folder in the folder you just created.

3. Extracted the folder and then put it in the folder of the plane it's for.

Aircraft.

FSX Helicopters. (any addon helicopters should be put in the aircraft folder)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Rotorcraft

4. The name of the folder that is actual going to be used for the textures is going to be called something like texture.(something). Make sure you only have to click on the folder to see all the texture files. The files are ussually .dds or .bmp.

Now open up the aircraft.cfg file for the aircraft your installing the textures for. You will see a bunch of entries that look like this:
This one is for the boeing 737, depending on the airplane, some parts of this will be different.

[fltsim.0]
title=Boeing 737-800 Paint1
sim=Boeing737-800
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=1
kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref
atc_id=N737W
atc_airline=Boeing
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="737-800"
ui_variation="Boeing livery"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="One should hardly be surprised that...."

Each one of these is for a different texture or paint for the aircraft.The addon texture your installing ussually has a readme in it. Open that up and look for something like what was shown above. Copy that and put at after the last fltsim entry. NOTE: make sure the number after fltsim is the number right after the last entry. ex. If the last entry was called fltsim.7, you would put fltsim.8. Also, make sure what is to the right of texture= is the same name as the folder (without the texture.). If the name of the folder was texture.swair, then in the aircraf.cfg file it would be texture=swair.[url][/url]

Mad

Dhetts11 Guest

I saved the folder to a folder in my docs and then unzipped it and copied it to the airplanes folder under simobjects in FSX. it has all the subcategories (sound, texture, ect.) but does not show up when I try to select aircraft in free flight mode. It is not under a different aircraft type, it is simply not there. Any suggestions?.. :/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dhetts11 wrote:

I saved the folder to a folder in my docs and then unzipped it and copied it to the airplanes folder under simobjects in FSX. it has all the subcategories (sound, texture, ect.) but does not show up when I try to select aircraft in free flight mode. It is not under a different aircraft type, it is simply not there. Any suggestions?.. :/

Always follow the read-me that comes with every download and it'll work.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Dhetts11 wrote:

Have a look inside the texture folder. If there is no thumbnail inside, you won't be able to see the aircraft.
Next step: Open the aircraft.cfg file with notepad and look for

ui_manufacturer=xxxx

If the ui-manufacturer is 'Grumman', you'll find it under Grumman etc.

I've downloaded Fsx on my windows vista a few times now and after every download the game doesnt show up anywhere. The only time i've been able to play it was after the first download and from then on, you can't locate it anywhere in the computer? Any tips?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I've downloaded Fsx on my windows vista a few times now and after every download the game doesnt show up anywhere. The only time i've been able to play it was after the first download and from then on, you can't locate it anywhere in the computer? Any tips?

If your downloading (as you say) it illegally then there is nothing we can tell you.
If you are loading it from the disks then feed FSX into the search line and find it.
It should be in games or Microsoft games.

Radar

jstockton8821 Guest

Hey guys, I'm trying to download the F-15 on FSX with windows 8 and the only files i can find are my saved flights and the logbook, not too sure what to do but please help! thanks.

EsCaDa Guest

Where do i put the modules? Some forums says i must install the registry first. My module folder contain 2 files: FSUIPC(registration entries) and FSUIPC.dll

so i double click the FSUIPC registration entries and then it said
the specified file not a registry script. you can only import binary registry script from within registry editor. im so confused. Then i try to install from inside FSX game folder. It still same... Can you help me sir?

Pro Member Trainee
conniegeo1 Trainee

I noticed your talking Copy and paste to get addon aircraft into FSX
Why cant you drag and drop ? 😳

Miller Pichon Guest

I'm confused. What folder do I have to put the file in? Does it have to be a zipped folder or a regular folder? And how the Censored do I download the Texture file?! Help me! Mad Help! Wall Bashing Doh! Dont Know

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Miller Pichon wrote:

I'm confused. What folder do I have to put the file in? Does it have to be a zipped folder or a regular folder? And how the Censored do I download the Texture file?! Help me! Mad Help! Wall Bashing Doh! Dont Know

Download which texture.

Please be more clear in what you want to do.

Radar

Tom Ellis-Martin Guest

Whenever I go into the Microsoft Games folder I can only see a folder called Train Simulator (another game that I have) I tried searching my computer for the file and I can't find it. Please help! Thanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Tom Ellis-Martin wrote:

Whenever I go into the Microsoft Games folder I can only see a folder called Train Simulator (another game that I have) I tried searching my computer for the file and I can't find it. Please help! Thanks.

Type Microsoft in search and it should show up in the listings.

Radar

gerry56 Guest

What version of fsx do you have installed? I know on my computer if I click on ms games I get the fsx file, which is the box version, the new steam edition is a download off their web site which is now done by the same co. that has the train simulator. I have both fsx versions and train sim and don' have any problems,did you download train sim. of the computer too.

aalex Guest

hey bro i want to ask you that i didnt find any folder in microsoft games ,named as xplane-simulator 😉 Crying or Very sad Embarassed plz guide me i dont know any thing about xplane ??????[/u][/b][/i]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

aalex wrote:

hey bro i want to ask you that i didnt find any folder in microsoft games ,named as xplane-simulator 😉 Crying or Very sad Embarassed plz guide me i dont know any thing about xplane ??????[/u][/b][/i]

Microsoft didn't make X-Plane, read about it here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Plane_%28simulator%29

Radar

How can I get the Main Menu, the Addon Installation Wizard. and ultimately the picture with the grid(window) and all important inscriptions (Addon Wizard Window) which has the title "Addit!Pro for Microsoft Flight Simulator X", although I have a FSX-Steam Version.
I have downloaded Addit!Pro, unzipped the resulting file. My Windows 7 is a 32-bit (not a 64-bit) version. Now I don't know how to proceed to the Wizard and its window.

Hi, I have the double disk microsoft flight sim X acceleration pack and have been using it for years. I have flown all the missions many times over so I am looking at downloading new missions.

I have had a quick search through this forum and would like to know how I can download new missions / aircrafts

If there are some instructions or even You Tube videos that you can guide me to I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Nez

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I have the double disk microsoft flight sim X acceleration pack and have been using it for years. I have flown all the missions many times over so I am looking at downloading new missions.

I have had a quick search through this forum and would like to know how I can download new missions / aircrafts

If there are some instructions or even You Tube videos that you can guide me to I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Nez

Here are some of our FSX missions for download.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/search/?q=fsx+missions+&cat=

Radar

Pouya Pourakbarian Guest

Hi. I have downloaded a few add-on flights from this site and with all of them I am having similar problems. with some of them, the texture of the body paint doesn't appear, in some of them the virtual cockpit isn't complete, in one of them even with zero throttle the plane starts to move on the ground, in one of them there is no cockpit all together, where as the outside views of the plane are fine. what is wrong? what should I do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Pouya Pourakbarian wrote:

Hi. I have downloaded a few add-on flights from this site and with all of them I am having similar problems. with some of them, the texture of the body paint doesn't appear, in some of them the virtual cockpit isn't complete, in one of them even with zero throttle the plane starts to move on the ground, in one of them there is no cockpit all together, where as the outside views of the plane are fine. what is wrong? what should I do?

Make sure they are made for FSX not for FS9.
Lower a few of your slides, autogen, shadows, clouds and AI.
They may be too graphic intensive for you video card.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Pouya Pourakbarian wrote:

This could also be a DX10 issue.

Please try disabling DX10 or see this article here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4764/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...