Free Stuff - PayWare

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

I have a Train Sim background. I notice that most or a lot of add-ons are payware. Some of the best stuff from the trains people were free or just a few dollars, ex $8.00 - $12.00. And in FSX it seem that most things are payware and cost from $25.00 and up. I was wondering why this is?

I have DL's some great free stuff for FSX and bought some great stuff. I don't want to come across as negative. But was just wondering why this is and I don't have a problem with people spending a lot of time and talent making things and charging a price for it. I'm thankful for all the community. Just curious.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

I guess the effort put in, and research is paid off, (plus hey sell it to stores, which sell it for more)

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

well lets take it this way there are more FS fans than TS so would you rather make a train for TS and price it high and get no customers because the price and there is so little TS fans or make a aircraft and price it high and have a better chance of selling it because there is a lot more people. and there are older aged people who play FS and have that extra cash because they dont have kids etc etc...

you kinda see what i saying here and this is a bad way to make money and this is also how the record companies make there money

if you need this simplified just ask 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

Yea I see where you are coming from. It just seems that TS were more hobbyist and were proud to share their stuff. I don't have any idea which takes more time as I only built a route to run the trains on. But a steam locomotive has a lot of moving parts.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind paying for something if it is worthy of the price.

Pro Member First Officer

Like Ultimate Traffic- The money goes in for the programs and NOT the real reason- AI! I would much rather pay for Traffic 2005 then UT, however Traffic 2005 doesnt come with the software so there is millions of flights each week rather than than 300000 by UT

Pro Member Trainee
kin3 Trainee

Nice discussion, thanks guys for your thoughts.

Pro Member First Officer

No Prob Kin! 😀 happy to help

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...