Sudden + extreme drop in frame rates

Pro Member First Officer
walesdragon First Officer

I'm about to take off, And I lift off the runway and a couple of seconds later BAM! My frame rates drop from about 30 FPS to 5FPS. I wait about 40- 60 seconds then it returns to about 30, then a couple of seconds later it happens again. I recently tried WOAI and that happened, I removed it and the problem still persists. I removed all unused aircraft and it still happens.

Anyone know the solution? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Could you take a Screenshot of the position you are in? I might be able to help.

Pro Member First Officer
Colin Reece (Col7777) First Officer

It's usually the last thing you installed or altered, if you uninstall the last or do a system restore.

Pro Member Captain
acepilot32 Captain

some recenltley installed scenery thats what always drops my fps try changing the scenery to a lower level and see if that helps or turn the density down.

Pro Member First Officer

Westernstyle wrote:

Could you take a Screenshot of the position you are in? I might be able to help.

Sorry westernstyle, Doesn't matter what position I'm in, it happens everywhere.

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

ok 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
CaptDennison First Officer

You have something running in the background--go search for a program called END IT ALL--install it, run it BEWFORE you start FS, and then make sure to hit the Windows Task Manager (Control/Alt/Del) and set FS to ABOVE NORMAL__things will run and look great

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

I assume you have the FPS setting to unlimited, try locking it to 30 and see what happens, when I leave it on unlimited I studder as well, so locking it helps me 😉 Let us know the results, thats if you dont have it on unlimited 😂

Pro Member First Officer

I flew around for a couple of hours today and nothing seemed to happen. Maybe it was just a one day thing. If this problem happens again, I'll be sure to use all your advice.

Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (SpiderWings) First Officer

CaptDennison wrote:

You have something running in the background--go search for a program called END IT ALL--install it, run it BEWFORE you start FS, and then make sure to hit the Windows Task Manager (Control/Alt/Del) and set FS to ABOVE NORMAL__things will run and look great

I downloaded END IT ALL but have never used it because it scared me to death making me think it would end stuff that would make my system unstable.

But I want to try the ABOVE NORMAL setting for FS in the Task Manager. However, I can't see how to do that. Can you provide a bit more detail on that? Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer

SpiderWings wrote:

CaptDennison wrote:

I downloaded END IT ALL but have never used it because it scared me to death making me think it would end stuff that would make my system unstable.

But I want to try the ABOVE NORMAL setting for FS in the Task Manager. However, I can't see how to do that. Can you provide a bit more detail on that? Thanks.

I just gave it a shot dude. What you do is (have FS2004 running) hit ctrl + alt + del then go to the "Processes" tab. Look for the FS9.exe, right click on fs9.exe then go to set priority and click above normal, and then press ok. That should do it.

Pro Member First Officer

It's happening again -_- ...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...