United Airlines livery

Pro Member Trainee
teejay Trainee

m new to this forum, however not new to FS. I am a United Airlines employee (36 yrs.) and I am somewhat troubled by the lack of UAL liveries available, especially in the new generation jets. The available liveries are generally the older B747,767, 757, 727, 737 and A319/20. I see American Airlines in the new generation jets at most sites, and of course there is some sense of envy. I have tried over the last several months to learn the fine art of painting UAL livery, but sadly I simply cannot and do not come close to some of the fine work I have seen. So here is my request, I am looking for liveries for the following aircrafts
A330-300/400/600
B797
B737-800 w/winglets

I am recently divorced and still paying off my legal bill (excess of $26,500.00) but I am willing to pay a little bit for the repaints, being involved with MSFS and learning to repaint and create scenery is about the only hobby I am alble to afford.
Thanking you in advance,
Carl (teejc@comcast.net)

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Hi teejay
Some of the aircraft textures you are requesting are only available for payware models. First of all you have to specify which model you want the textures for as you cannot slap any texture set on any model.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

yes if you had what he says i could try something for you

Pro Member Trainee
teejay Trainee

honuala wrote:

yes if you had what he says i could try something for you

First let me thank you guys for the quick response. Second, let me see if I understand what you are asking me, what you are saying is for me to provide a model of the aircraft type I want repainted?
Carl

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You don't have to provide a model as in making one yourself. Just let us know which model you want it for.

Example: The B747

Freeware: Posky
Payware: PMDG

There are more models available but to illustrate my point two will do. If someone paints the POSKY for example, you can't use that repaint and put it on a PMDG.
If you find a repaint for the PMDG, you can't use it for a POSKY.

If you browse the various file libraries at Avsim and Flightsim etc. you'll see that the repainter normally states which model his textures (repaints) are for.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

ok i did a posky 737-800 with winglets in about an hour......remeber in just an hour so dont be to critical....lol

oh yeah i also did the tug in the colors as well......

if you want this let me know and i can work on it more to make it nicer......

Pro Member Trainee
teejay Trainee

honuala wrote:

ok i did a posky 737-800 with winglets in about an hour......remeber in just an hour so dont be to critical....lol

oh yeah i also did the tug in the colors as well......
if you want this let me know and i can work on it more to make it nicer......

****Oh my God! It took me all day just to paint part of the engine and it looked like crap.....
I would be happy to accept it just the way it is, I think it looks great!!!
Carl

Pro Member Trainee
teejay Trainee

I suspected thats what you needed and I think I remember where I can find the paint kits if that would work as well.
Thanks again,
Carl

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

Ahh yes painting is the hardest thing to do well im working on my own livary for the project open sky 737 so stay tuned will have up on avism by next week or so 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Westernstyle First Officer

Your Avsim name is Bran09 too?

Pro Member First Officer
Duncan (Razgr1z912) First Officer

Westernstyle wrote:

Your Avsim name is Bran09 too?

Are you trying to hijack this thread? You can use the PM feature next time.

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

naw man i wont give you that one i'll make a better one and let you see....... 😎

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

OK heres the final one....i'll PM you the link to download my file.....hope you like it.......

heres the link to the pic that i used same tail number as the repaint

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_8o7USSfTxf4/R-rFMiYuz_I/AAAAAAAAAXA/g1ZHE8rNc7A/United+Airlines+beginning+to+take+off.jpg

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

oops missed the 4 in the tail number lol

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That link does not work Sir

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

not to be mean but that paint looks like an ai paint 😳

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

Heres my paint im working on needs lots of work.

i need to do the tail and add a 3 line of blue and add some dirt on it 😉

Pro Member First Officer
honuala First Officer

well im sorry im not up to your standards...mr bran all im rying to do is hook someone up with it... i am still learning and if dosnt like it then he dosnt need it......oh and thanks for your comment they mean the world to me 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

im sorry i didant know you were just starting repainting 😕

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...