Fatal error when starting fsx???

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

Every time I start fsx It loads for a few secs then a window pops up saying a fatal error has occurred and it shuts down. Is there anything I can do without uninstalling it. Or is there a fsx log that I can look at to see what occurred?

Thanks

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Had the same problem....eventually I had to reinstall FSX (and lost a good 45% of my aircrafts), but it seems to cure the problem.

Pro Member Trainee
Edro20 Trainee

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now and still the same error. Any clues on how to fix?? THanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try it this way.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/3805/

Deleting all files is very important to a good reinstall.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Edro20 Trainee

Thanks! Will try and then report back.

Pro Member First Officer
Bob (Traches) First Officer

You're installing it off an FSX disk or from your hard drive?

If it's off the hard drive, your copy of fsx is probably corrupted. If it's not, my advice is to check that all your drivers are up to date...

Do you have similar problems with any other games?

Pro Member Trainee
Edro20 Trainee

I am using the OEM disks (paid for). Hmm now that I think of it, I have an old hard drive that I reconnected to the new computer. There are surely some old FSX files on the old HDD. Will that matter?

Pro Member Trainee
Edro20 Trainee

WOW, I have to offer an apology. I had installed an app that was botching MSFSX. I got it handled.

Thanks a million. I suck. You guys ROCK!

My bad please accept my apologies. Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Glad to hear that you have it running, enjoy!

Radar

I have the same problem. I'm running vista home premium with a pretty awful nVidia 7000M graphics card. fsx loads for a few secs then the message pops up saying a fatal error has occured. I have tried deleting the .cfg files and my add-ons but to no avail. can anyone help? Help!

i have this problem too, any help?

Pro Member Trainee
Carlin Trainee

Try Deleting the Logbook.bin file, which can be found in C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Dennis Marrero Guest

Hello There,
Ive Downloaded Fsx On My Computer, Its A Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
And When I Try To Open fsx I Get The Error Code "MFC80.DLL"
Any Help Or Suggestions?

muneeb Guest

guys are you people try to fix fatal error i know the ways to fix if are using acclration pack then install it again and install its crack and finsh so now enjoy your flights Thanks.

Muneeb Guest

i have the link of acclration pack try then tell

https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/5008336/

yaseen Guest

sir can u please help me i am using windows 7 and the same problem occures when i try to open fsx se it says fatal error occured can u help thx a lot

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...